division change question

vijayvenugopal

Registered Users (C)
people,
i
i have filed 485, RD 4 jan 01, ND 11 jan 01, got EAD card at local INS office 15 jan 01.
i
My employer has two divisions, one in PA(where i work) and other in NJ(HO). we have the same Emp # since it is the same organization, my labor was done for the one in PA and i have been working in PA...if i wanted to move to NJ, which is the head office, at this stage of GC processing how would it affect the whole process??...talked to my attorney, she is uncertain about the 180 law which sets us poor folks free
I sincerely appreciate all your comments/inputs/suggestions

No Title

From your message I get the impression that you are still working for the same employer except the geographic location has changed, so the 180 Rule does not apply to you, that is for those people who were working for a Company A when they filed the 485 and are now working for a totally different company B.

In your case the processising should not affect at all, you just need to inform INS@VSC to have a change of address of your residence.

hope this helps

No Title

thanks chutney for the reply...
Let me give some background...
we were two different companies when my labor was done (3 yrs ago)...before i filed my 140, we got taken over (2 years ago)...the 140 said that the company name changed and etc...before the takeover, we had two different emp#, but now we have the same # as in NJ...i also got 140 approved...but since the labor was done for the location in PA and salary requirement was done for PA, not NJ, should I not come back to this place to work after i get my GC, and assuming that it is the case, i request my PA HR to issue the letter at a later stage if the INS asks for RFE...but they said that they would not be able to issue the letter after 1 year guarenteeing me a job in PA since i am no longer in that division...i am changing to NJ because the greens i am offered in NJ is twice i am getting in PA...i would again appreciate all comments

No Title

You should be fine, as long as you are working for the same employer (employer\'s name on I-140 approval & at the time of I-485 application & at the time of I-485 ajudication/approval should be the same). It really does not matter where you are working, even though your point about LC being doen from PA is valid....