direct consular filing??

UNOnoneHIGHER

Salutations to you all. I am a newbie to this forum and from what I can tell, alot of you guys are really infomed about the issues. Moving on...my situation is this; I filed my petition papers for my husband (a ghanaian) a month ago and have not received a receipt of confirmation. I called USCIS and they told me that as of "November 1, 2007 there has been a tsunami of petitions coming in" so I may have to wait another 2 weeks before I hear something from them. Also, it was brought to my attention that I should have done a "direct consular filing." And that it is much easier and expeditious. I just need some positive info, which option is the right way to go and should I just sit on my thumbs and wait??
P.S. We married in march of 2007 in ghana, no criminal records, no past marriages, we are two plain boring folks who love eachother and are tired of being apart.
P.P.S. Something else occurred to me, the interview process; is it for both of us or just him since he is immigrating, next item on my mind, should I file the I-129f to bring him here sooner and if so, is there still a significant waiting period? And...what does it mean when they say "there is no waiting time for immediate relatives, visas are readily available." Okay, last question and I promise I am done, I am a full time non-traditional college student, "should I use my financial aid as income for the sponsoring my husband?"

:confused:

Last edited by a moderator: