Direct Consular Filing from India

PD,
Can you pls elaborate ? What if you are a resident of a southern state in india ? would delhi still accept?

I am assuming you are interested in GC for your future spouse. For what I understand once you get ur citizenship and get married you can go to Delhi for apply for GC for your spouse (irrespective of which Indian state you belong to.
I have heard that they take approximately 15 days to approve upon which they will forward your file to (delhi/mumbai/chennai). These consulates will then finish the 'remaining work'. The whole process takes approximately 3 months.

I am in the same boat, if you find out more info pls post it.

thanks for the info... i sent an email to the chennai consulate, and they are yet to respond , i will maybe call them or ask someone
to visit it... too
thanks for ur reponse.. i too am very interested in CZ to so i can marry and bring my wife to be here

Spoke to 2 friends of mine who did DCF.. Here what i learnt

* DCF is done at Delhi only, its a walk in procedure.After processing the office fwds it to your local Consulate
* DCF is done as a matter of courtesy only
* DCF *may* be eliminated alltogether (lot of talk of it)
* If approved DCF applicant gets a green card stamping in 3 months!!!

Keep your fingers crossed

Rahul,
Thanks for the info. DCF saves lot of aggravation and money but they get rid of it we will have to use K3 visa...

Hope they continue DCF for atleast another year..;)

PD,

K3 is not the same as DCF right ? K3 is non immigrant or immigrant visa... A bit confused now. I did not know you could file K3 abroad

K3 is immigrant visa for spouses of US citizen.

US citizen will have to file I 130 and I 129 (this has to be filed after I 130 has been filed) here in US. Once 1-129 is approved the file will be forwarded to spouse's country of residence for interview.

I-130 takes over an year for approval. After I-130 is approved you file for adjustment of status (i-485) to get GC for spouse. Whole process takes over 2 years. K3 was recently introduced to prevent separation of US citizens and their spouse.

k3 visa by itself takes 3 -6 months.
k3 visa to getting GC takes over 2 years

DFC is a short cut to get GC for spouse - normally takes about 3 months...

ok i c what u r saying... So thats why the embassys are involved...

Are you saying that in 3-6 months you can get your spouse
here (just that she wont have a GC).... ?

DCF Delhi Instructions

Hope DCF remains for a while........... Its so convinient for natives..

Local Instructions for Submitting a Petition for Alien Relative (Form I-130)

INS regulations and the I-130 instructions state that if you live in the US you should file this petition at the INS office nearest to your residence in the US. As a service to US citizens, we MAY, at our discretion, accept petitions from US citizens who are filing petitions on the behalf of a immediate relatives who resides in India. All INS forms and instructions are readily available on the Internet at our website: www.ins.gov.

Please comply with the following:

- The I-130 instructions should be read and followed carefully
- The I-130 and I-130A forms must be fully completed
- A fully completed G-325 form is required from both the US citizen and the Alien Relative.

We request that you present your petition with one photocopy of all documents used in support of your petition. It may also be necessary to produce the original documents. All official original documents must be registered or certified by the appropriate issuing authority. We do not have the time or resources to make photocopies for you.

If you are filing for a spouse, you will normally require the following documents:

- The US citizen's US passport biographical page
- The US citizen's Certificate of Naturalization, if available
- The Alien Relative's passport biographical page, if available
- The Alien Relative's birth certificate or school leaving certificate, if available
- The certified and registered Marriage Certificate
- Photographs of the wedding ceremony
- If this was a Hindu Marriage and one of the two parties to the marriage is not a native Hindu, the conversion certificate showing conversion to the Hindu religion
- If either party was previously married, the registered and certified Final Divorce decree and/or Death Certificate, as applicable.
- Small color photos of the petition and spouse in a ¾ frontal view

Both the petitioning US citizen and the Alien Relative MUST be present at the time of filing for an interview. We conduct unscheduled interviews for these I-130 walk-in petition filings and we may not always be immediately available to interview you. Please be prepared to wait for your interview. Your patience and cooperation is appreciated.

Title 18, United States Code, Section 1325 states that any individual who knowingly enters into a marriage contract for the purpose of evading any provision of the immigration laws shall be imprisoned for not more than five years, or fined not more than $250,000, or both.

Title 18, United States Code, Section 1001 states that whoever willfully and knowingly falsifies a material fact, makes a false statement, or makes use of a false document will be fined up to $10,000 or imprisoned up to five years, or both.

Rahul,

Can they refuse to interview you for the DCF process at the embassy in Delhi? Do you or any of the friends you spoke to have any experience with this process?
I need to file the petition for my wife and am not sure if I should file for the K3 visa or go through this DCF process. What would you recommend.
How long would I need to be in Delhi in order for the process to get done?
Any help will be greatly appreciated
Thanks.