• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Digital Photos - Help

Aussieboy91

Hey Guys, I will be applying for DV22 but I am a little unsure of how to go about uploading my photos to my Application.

I have had my photos taken by a company and they provided me with the digital copy, however, when I try to use the photo tool provided by the Department of State, it doesn't seem to work. Has anyone been in a similar situation?

Hey Guys, I will be applying for DV22 but I am a little unsure of how to go about uploading my photos to my Application.

I have had my photos taken by a company and they provided me with the digital copy, however, when I try to use the photo tool provided by the Department of State, it doesn't seem to work. Has anyone been in a similar situation?
Hi Aussieboy91! Nice to meet a fellow Australian here!

Are you on a Windows PC when you try and use the tool? If so, try it with Internet Explorer. The website does say it will also work with Edge, but it won’t work with the new version. Ran into that issue using it yesterday. Hope that helps!

That tool uses adobe flash and less and less browsers support it. Firefox maybe?

You can use egreencardphoto.com. It's free and does a pretty good job of resizing and cropping to the correct size.

Hi Aussieboy91! Nice to meet a fellow Australian here!

Are you on a Windows PC when you try and use the tool? If so, try it with Internet Explorer. The website does say it will also work with Edge, but it won’t work with the new version. Ran into that issue using it yesterday. Hope that helps!

Hey Pixel - nice to meet you! where in Australia are you from?

I have tried with Internet Explorer but it just doesn't seem to work for me - I proceed to "upload photo" but the image doesn't display on the web page. Shocking that they would have released such an un-usable tool!

You can use egreencardphoto.com. It's free and does a pretty good job of resizing and cropping to the correct size.

Thanks Brit! the website seems to crop the picture as required - Question; what if the dimensions etc are not correct? Will my application be rejected automatically?

Hey Pixel - nice to meet you! where in Australia are you from?

I have tried with Internet Explorer but it just doesn't seem to work for me - I proceed to "upload photo" but the image doesn't display on the web page. Shocking that they would have released such an un-usable tool!
I’m in Hobart, you? Have you entered the DV before?

To use DoS Photo Tool, which is written in Adobe Flash and not supported by most of the browsers anymore, you can get the Flash Player projector flashplayer_32_sa.exe (or .dmg) from Adobe website. It will let you run the photo tool on your desktop (PC/Mac)

Somehow, I can get it running in Firefox on Mac - but not in any other browser, including MS Edge...

Has anyone else here had an issue with the photo tool NOT actually saving the photo after cropping? An entrant told me they clicked on “Save Photo” but that photo was nowhere to be found after saving. I checked on it myself and also noted I could not locate the “saved” photo. Any thoughts on how to solve that issue?

Has anyone else here had an issue with the photo tool NOT actually saving the photo after cropping? An entrant told me they clicked on “Save Photo” but that photo was nowhere to be found after saving. I checked on it myself and also noted I could not locate the “saved” photo. Any thoughts on how to solve that issue?

Because the tool works on flash, I would rather use the tool at http://www.egreencardphoto.com/. It's free and does a good job. I reviewed that and a couple of other photo tools here: