different interview date for self and wife possible? (and other questions)

sudden

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

I am doing CP in Chennai - my current status is that I live in Bangalore after having moved here after living in the US for 6 years. My attorney in the US has received the Packet 3 forms from NVC which I have signed and we have now sent back to STL. In the Packet 3 forms we have indicated that my wife and I will leave for the US together. However, my wife is currently pregnant and won't be able to travel for atleast 6 months. I would like to travel first and have her follow me later - will this pose any problems? How do we alter what we mentioned in the Packet 3 forms?

Secondly, when the interview appointment comes through, is it possible to have our interviews separately? The reason is, because of her pregnancy, my wife cannot take her immunization shots, which I believe is required for the interview. Any thoughts on this?

Finally, when my wife joins me in the US, she will have our newborn baby with her - will that require any additional work from our end?

Would appreciate a response.

Thanks.

Your wife can definitely join you later on. But she has to enter the US within 6 months of the CP interview.

As far as having separate interviews, I am not sure if that is possible. But if the only reason you want separate interviews is the immunization, then you don't have to worry. You just need to tell the doctor that your wife is pregnant and the immunization requirement will be waived. I think other people have done that. You might want to do a search on this forum.

I don't know the answer on how to add your newborn in the immigration process.

Originally posted by cpmumbai2002
I don't know the answer on how to add your newborn in the immigration process.

cpmumbai2002 is right..

If you child is born before your interview, you have to take the birth certificates and other forms (DS230's) to your interview and the child will be issued an IV.

If the child if born after, you (or your wife) have to bring him/her to the US at the time of entry, on your FIRST trip back. On your FIRST trip, the child will be issued an IV at the POE.

Failing this, you would need to go through family based sponsorship.