Difference between self-application and employer-application

go_getter007

Registered Users (C)
Dear All, is there an advantage of applying for EB-1 EA through your employer (vs. a self petition)? Intuitively (without any data/facts to support), I think if your employer is well recognized (say a global giant in your field) and if they file a petition on your behalf, your application may get more consideration. However, I've seen on this forum that quite a few people who apply by themselves also get approvals.

Any thoughts/experiences?

Thanks.

GG_007

go_getter007 said:
Dear All, is there an advantage of applying for EB-1 EA through your employer (vs. a self petition)? Intuitively (without any data/facts to support), I think if your employer is well recognized (say a global giant in your field) and if they file a petition on your behalf, your application may get more consideration. However, I've seen on this forum that quite a few people who apply by themselves also get approvals.

Any thoughts/experiences?

Thanks.

GG_007

Bottom line with EB1-EA is all about YOU, your achivments, your field, and your credentials. Having a MAJOR company sponsor your petition does not make a diference at all. Mine was selfpeition.

best

Well if you do it properly then you can get approved. I did it my self taking care of all asepcts, made it methodical and clear like a book with index and flags. BUt obviously your credentials and achievements help Imm Ofiicer decide whether to approve or reject your case. BUt other things I mentioned certainly help the over worked and tiered INS guys.