DIDN'T RECEIVE DECISON FOR N-400 Interview. Please Help

fvakil

Hi All,
My mother had an interview at SF DO on Sep 28th 2009. She was told after the interview that she has passed language, history and civics test but they needed to make a 2nd review of the application and she will receive a decision by mail in around month. Also when i asked why 2nd review, the officer said it's a normal process which ppl have to go through. But I've never heard this happening with other family members. There are some complications to my mother's applications though.
She went to India on Dec 17th 2008 and came back Jun 10th 2009. almost 5 months and 23 days.

Went to India 12/17/2009
Came back from India 06/10/200
Mailed N-400 06/19/2009
Finger Print 07/29/2009
Interview Date 09/28/2009

Also, she has applied for naturalization in Aug 2008 which was rejected on the basis that she didn't fullfill the continuous residence requirement as she stayed outeside of US for 10 months(B'coz she went to India with my father and my father passed away after long illness so she had to stay more than 6 months) in last 5 years from Oct 2002 to Aug 2008. But we just took the chance that time. Now this time she stayed in US continuosly for 5 years (which counts as from Sep 3rd 2004 to Sep 3rd 2009. She can apply 90 days in advance so she applied on Jun 19th). Within last 5 years she went to india but came back within 6 months. She went to India 4 times in last 5 years. The only thing worries me is that she applied for N-400 in 10 days after she came form India. But lots of my relatives have done this and never got denied/dalayed. Please advise what to expect in this situation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sometimes we cannot predict what the IO was thinking even though it look ok at first glance. When your mother stayed continously for 5 years before she applied second time, I don't see any problem with it. Until you hear from USCIS either way, you cannot determine what to do next. Until then, this guessing game continues unfortunately.

Also, 2nd review could mean a supervisor review which most of the cases go through. Unless it is a straight forward case, most of the cases will be reviewed by a supervisor again before final approval. So, just be patient and wait to hear from them.