Did this happen to anyone at Baltimore?

vsc899

Registered Users (C)
I had my interview at Baltimore yesterday. The interview went smoothly. The officer asked me for employment letter, taxreturns and some yes/no questions. Then the officer asked us to sign a form and took our finger print. In the end informed us that they will mail a letter in 2 to 3 weeks. There was no stamping done. We were informed by the officer that this is the process they follow. Has this happend to anybody else?

vsc899

No Title

Our family was interviewed today and passports were stamped right away at the end of the interview.
We were told the cards will be mailed to us within 6 months (finger print and signature were taken
to manufacture the cards).

Again, like previous posters, we were asked simple questions (which we answered in the I485
application forms). In fact the process was so short we wondered why we spent so much
efforts in getting all the documents (two big bags and a number of affidivates, bank statement etc.)

The document requested: passports, birth certificates for kids, my employment letter, EAD,
W2\'s, and drivers\' license.

Good luck to everyone and thanks to all who posted here.

(PD: 8/98, TD: 6/00, Interviewed 1/10/01).

No Title

Don\'nt worry. Some officers are lazy and
do\'nt want to wait and work for the number
to verify, and give another date. Things
will be alright, if nothing is wrong.

No Title

Hi VSC899,

Same thing happened with me also. I was interviewed on 20th of December. My officer also asked some routine questions, took all the information employment letter & all other documents that I took with me. Then officer told me that she dosen\'t have I140 documents & I will have to wait for 2 to 3 three weeks to hear something from them.

Nothing has happened so far. I got one letter two weeks back that it might take up to 5 months & I shouldn\'t go to Baltimore with any questions till then.

She also took 194 & fingerprints. I don\'t really know what is going to happen.

Was your officer white American lady with spects around 28 to 30?

Thanks for any input.

VSC699

No Title

Hi VSC699,
Yes, It was a White Female Officer around 30 yrs. Thanks for the info.

vsc899

No Title

When did you do your original medical? Did they ask you to bring medical records in the interview letter? Did you have to get new medical records?

Thanks

No Title

At last passports stamped at Baltimore after interview.

The interview (hardly 7-8 minutes) went very well and passports stamped at the end in front of us. The only problem was the officer didn\'t accept our photos and asked us to get new ones. She gave us a yellow slip with our details and asked us to hand over the photos and that slip at the counter.

She only asked for employment letter and tax returns and didn\'t even looked at all the other documents like affidavits, bank statements etc.

Finally after five years of processing and after nine years in this country I got my GC. Not much exictment left but I am happy as the interview went well and everything is over.

All the best for GC waiters particularly the baltimore guys.

My interview date was today 01/11/2001. My case got transferred on June 14th 2000. PD - India EB3 June 96. FP - May 2000.

Manish

No Title

We had our physical examination just before sending
I-485 application, in September 1999. Interview letter
only asks for driver\'s license and a vague statement
about "bringing all original documents sent in previously
in copies", which I simply had no idea what could be.
So I followed the advice on this forum to bring W2, tax
returns etc.

We only did one physical examinations.

No Title

HiVsc899,

Did you receive any information from Baltimore INS about the outcome of your interview. I had my interview done last week and interview officer said she will be sending a letter in two to three weeks. Since you had the same expereince I wnated to know whether you got a letter from INS Baltimore.
Thanks.

No Title

Hi baltwait,

Nothing yet, I will post when I receive a letter from INS Baltimore.

-vsc899

No Title

Can you pls clearup one thing? Did you get any RFEs at all OR did you rcv a letter stating that your case is transferred to Baltimore INS?
Thanks....

No Title

We received letters from VSC saying our case were transfered to baltimore for
interviewing. About two month after that, interview letters from Baltimore were
recieved. We did not receive any RFE letters.

No Title

The wait is over. I received the approval notice on saturday 2/3/01. It says that me amd my family are now "Lawful Permanent Residants" of US and can get the stamping done between 8 and 3PM on any working day. Here are my details...

RD: 8/7/99
ND: 8/23/99
FP: 5/3/00
Transferred to Baltimore INS: 5/14/00
ID: 1/9/01
Received Approval letter: 2/3/01

Thanks to Rajiv Khanna and this board for all the info.

- vsc899