Did someone know...

ernorman

Registered Users (C)
Well,

I may have posted it in wrong place but in case someone knows this:

I filed a lawsuit against DHS at the end of June and my case was approved after one month.

Now the AUSA faxed me a stipulation, which says: "both parties agree to dismiss the compliant. this dismiss is with prejudice."

Now, I did a little research on this "with prejudice" dismissal, and found that it essentially invalidate my claim and bar from bringing the same subject against the same party again. Technically, I think they are right because my case was approved and I no longer have a claim against USCIS but just would like to know what is the consequence.

AUSA has been waiting for two weeks now... :rolleyes:

ernorman said:
Well,

I may have posted it in wrong place but in case someone knows this:

I filed a lawsuit against DHS at the end of June and my case was approved after one month.

Now the AUSA faxed me a stipulation, which says: "both parties agree to dismiss the compliant. this dismiss is with prejudice."

Now, I did a little research on this "with prejudice" dismissal, and found that it essentially invalidate my claim and bar from bringing the same subject against the same party again. Technically, I think they are right because my case was approved and I no longer have a claim against USCIS but just would like to know what is the consequence.

AUSA has been waiting for two weeks now... :rolleyes:

First, is it "dismiss the complaint?" Please spell correctly when posting messages here. :)

As for your substantive question, you need to ask people with professional knowledge. I suggest tortfeasor and/or thankful.

Good luck.

formerasylee said:
First, is it "dismiss the complaint?" Please spell correctly when posting messages here. :)

As for your substantive question, you need to ask people with professional knowledge. I suggest tortfeasor and/or thankful.

Good luck.

Thanks for your reminding of spelling. And I figured it out. :D