Did not receive My I-485 filing receipt from USCIS.

Chinni11

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

Could someone help me please.
I did not receive my I-485 filing receipt from USCIS. I am the primary applicant. But my wife got the I-485 receipt. I spoke to my lawyer about the receipt. My I-485 case was filed on Aug 09 2004. Both me and my wife got the finger printing done on sept 12 2004.

These are the lines from my lawyer
"We requested a copy of the cancelled check endorsed by USCIS regarding your I-485 application. Please note that we have not received your I-485 filing receipt from USCIS.".

Could someone help me. How I can get a copy of my I-485 receipt. So I can file EAD and AP for me and my wife.

Please, Please respond to this query If you have or had experience of this kind.

Thank you
Venkat

Chinni11 said:
Hi,

Could someone help me please.
I did not receive my I-485 filing receipt from USCIS. I am the primary applicant. But my wife got the I-485 receipt. I spoke to my lawyer about the receipt. My I-485 case was filed on Aug 09 2004. Both me and my wife got the finger printing done on sept 12 2004.

These are the lines from my lawyer
"We requested a copy of the cancelled check endorsed by USCIS regarding your I-485 application. Please note that we have not received your I-485 filing receipt from USCIS.".

Could someone help me. How I can get a copy of my I-485 receipt. So I can file EAD and AP for me and my wife.

Please, Please respond to this query If you have or had experience of this kind.

Thank you
Venkat
Since you've gotten your FP notice, you already know your A number -- this is a good start.
(The FP notice has your A# -- right top )

Call up the 800 Cust Svc number - give your A# and try to be as polite and nice and explain your situation.
Ask them for your receipt number and make a note of it.
They will usually send a copy of the same -- while you are in the call, confirm your attorney's address - they get the notice.

Since you have an attorney on record, the rep may not talk to you - if so give your A# to your attorney and have him contact them.

Should not be a big issue since you have your A number.