Did not receive AP Receipt Notice

Ak2003

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I had applied for EAD and AP renewal on 5 Feb 2004. I received the I797 receipt for EAD in a week, however i still did not receive the same for AP. I am worried since its almost a month now.
I am not sure if this is ok. please suggest what i could do.

Both the EAD and AP fee checks were cashed on 6 feb. Should i call the INS.... please suggest.

Thanks in advance

It took more than a month in my case to get my AP receipt, so I assume it does happen. If you look at the back of the check, it should have the receipt#, you can check the status of your case online using that and take a print out of your case status.

Anyway there is nothing you can do beyond that.

mine is the same case. till now i have not received both ead and ap receipts. i also files in first week of feb.

in ur case call ur bank and ask about deatils of the check encashed becoz check deposited by uscis contains eac number. i think calling ur bank will help. i send cashier check so i don;t know how can i trace that.

AP receipt

I filed AP mid-Feburary, but received the receipt right away from NSC. However, the receipt said it will take 470 to 500 days to get the AP. I will have to travel out of country in June. What can I do?
Please share your information. Thanks!:confused:

Thanks guys..... the checks have EAC numbers on the back.

I checked the status online and it says

Your I131 APPLICATION FOR BCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT was received on February 5, 2004. We mailed you a receipt with information about processing. It is taking between 30 and 60 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete.

I did not receive the receipt so i need to call them???

ak2003

I have checked the status online. It says the same thing, 470-500 days. I am an EB2 485 filers. I am wondering why your online status says only 30 to 60 days. :confused:

My ND is 8/2002.

Have you heard other people that received processing time of 470-500 days?

I may try local office for emergency AP. I have to travel for my job out of the country at least twice this year.

Thanks for your input.

I haven't heard anything like this before.... check the other threads may be some one might have had the same kind of situation