Did FINGER PRINT on 4/4/01 in Chicago and STRANGE STATUS FROM FBI !!!

advk

Registered Users (C)
My wife and I did FP on 4/4/01 here in Chicago as part of i-485 process. Today (on 06/26/01) I called FBI. The operator at FBI told me that some kind of notification ( did not say approval or rejection though) was sent to INS on 04/04/2000 ITSELF!!!

Now I am concerned if FBI rejected our prints as they could not possibly have background checked FPs on the same day!. We finished FP around 12\' noon on 04/04.

Can somebody explaind what could have happened? If the operator told me that our prints were sent back to INS after a few days/weeks I would have thought what was sent INS could be an approval.

No Title

(304) 625-5590 or (304) 625-2406

I have seen your interpretation on AC21. Please DO NOT hurt our fellow beings by commeting on something that your are not in control of

No Title

Thanks a lot for the numbers!

I do not get what your gripe with my posts on AC21 is.
Everybody here is entitled to his/her own interpretations, including myself. I think that mine were accurate.

No Title

Advk:
Relax, it\'s normal for fp to go from INS-FBI-INS all within one or two days.
Most people I know in Chicago had this situation (including me). I checked with IIO a couple of weeks later - she said my+wife\'s FP\'s were fine.

No Title

My wife did her FP the past Saturday at Detroit. I have been keep checking with FBI and FBI still has not received any thing for my wife from local INS (the finger printing place) yet. I did mine the same day and the FBI report was finished and sent to INS the same day. I am concerned about my wife\'s case. Do you think there may be a problem for my wife\'s case, such as somebody forgot to click the right botton to send the file out to FBI? or, too soon to tell? Should I do something right now or wait for several days?

No Title

Just relax. If INS made a mistake or if the FP is not accepted by FBI, your wife will receive a redo notice. If you don\'t receive anything in 2-3 weeks after FP, you are fine. Give it a few more days before you start panicking. In some cases FBI has taken as many as 4-5 days before finishing evaluation of FP.