Did anyone (or their Attorney) get call from Officer?

gc_485_atl

Registered Users (C)
Officer called about my 485 before he issued a RFE. Below are the details.

On 15th July, the officer handling my case had called my attorney office and he mentioned he needs an Employment Verification Letter. And if my attroney can fax one to him then he does not have to go through regular official RFE rout, which is a slow process. He was supposed to fax with what exactly he needs + a fax back #. But he never called or fax anything to my attorney and instead issued a regular RFE (I saw online status changed to RFE that night).
Curiously I also saw 2 missed calls from 214 area code (where TSC) is located in my cell phone (which I had left in my car). The call must be from the officer as I dont know anybody from that area code + the timing was 20 mins after he talked to my attroney's office. I tried to call back using the # on caller ID and the # came as invalid.

Why was he calling me?
Has any one has any experience officer calling you or attroney on your case?
Is this a good or bad?

- A
1-140 AD 09/02
I-485 RD/ND 09/02
FP 10/03
RFE Issued date 07/15/2004

Maybe someone gave him a brain-infusion.

They ask your phone number, email everything and then they use snail-mail if they need additional paperwork.

Maybe it is part of the backlog reduction process. Issuing paper RFE's and reconciling the replies with the original file seems to be a lot of unneccessary paper shuffling. A matter that can be resolved with a call to the attorneys office and a fax from HR in the end means less work than issuing an RFE and re-opening the file 3 months later.

Similarly, I think the concurrent adjudication of 140/485 packages creates overall a significant reduction in overall workload. Instead of issuing repeat APs and EAD's, they kann get the entire case of their shelf in one sweep.

> Is this a good or bad?

We'll see. Sounds like a good idea to me. A shame that he didn't go through with it. Maybe they should do this by faxing to the attorneys or emailing instead of phone-calls.

sounds like his supervisor yelled at him for attempting something so logical that it would actually speed up the process.

I know someone in the forum had a similiar case a few months back.

The officer called him on his cell phone and and asked him to fax him an employment letter. The guy did that immediately and in the evening his status had changed to "Approved".

I am sure, this officer was trying to do the same thing, but unfortunately he could not get hold of you. I think you just missed a golden opportunity. But at least now you know what the RFE is about and your approval is just around the corner.

Hey, I don't mean to add to your worries, but may be after he talked to your attorney he found another missing piece, so he decided to just go ahead and issue the RFE. In any case, just be happy that your case is being touched by an officer.. trust me you are close.....

Good Luck.