DId anyone else notice the new 'revised' I-485???

tc18

Registered Users (C)
OK...I'm freaking out now.....
Did USCIS decide to start the new fee already?? I need to re-do my I-485, but the older version is not there anymore. This is from the instruction page of the revised version.....

The filing addresses provided on this form reflect the most current information as of the date this form was last printed. If you are filing Form I-485 more than 30 days after the latest edition date shown in the lower right-hand corner, please visit our website atwww.uscis.gov before you file, and check the Forms and Fees page to confirm the correct filing address and version currently in use.[/COLOR]Check the edition date located at the lower right-hand corner of the form. If the edition date on your Form I-485 matches the editiondate listed for Form I-485 on the online Forms and Fees page, your version is current and will be accepted by USCIS. If the editiondate on the online version is later, download a copy and use the online version. If you do not have internet access, call the NationalCustomer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283 to verify the current filing address and edition date. Improperly filed forms will berejected, and the fee returned, with instructions to resubmit the entire filing using the current form instructions.

The edition date on the one I have is 7/24/06 (Expires 9/30/08)
Does it mean I'd have to use the newes one; thus, the new fee?:eek: :eek:

OK...I'm freaking out now.....
Did USCIS decide to start the new fee already?? I need to re-do my I-485, but the older version is not there anymore. This is from the instruction page of the revised version.....

The edition date on the one I have is 7/24/06 (Expires 9/30/08)
Does it mean I'd have to use the newes one; thus, the new fee?:eek: :eek:

Its probably a mistake on USCIS website. Besides the version listed there has the edition as "07/30/07. Previous editions accepted." 7/30/07 is still a future date.

Yesterday I called up the USCIS to check the correct fee for I-485. The automated system did not tell the new fee. It just told the old fee. Thats how USCIS asks to confirm the latest filing fee.

I am filing tomorrow 7/26, late night probably, and a bit worried about I-485. Anyways I have decided to use the old fee. I did my part by checking on their phone. Will see what happens.

Also, here is a link on the uscis website. This should put you at ease

http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrelease/FeeReminder23Jul07.pdf

Its probably a mistake on USCIS website. Besides the version listed there has the edition as "07/30/07. Previous editions accepted." 7/30/07 is still a future date.

Yesterday I called up the USCIS to check the correct fee for I-485. The automated system did not tell the new fee. It just told the old fee. Thats how USCIS asks to confirm the latest filing fee.

I am filing tomorrow 7/26, late night probably, and a bit worried about I-485. Anyways I have decided to use the old fee. I did my part by checking on their phone. Will see what happens.

Here's the old one if it's gonna make you feel better. I don't think you should worry about it. The fees go into effect next week. THey're just jumping ahead.

Last edited by a moderator:
The good thing about new one is - you can save the data in your computer.

I saw that too. BTW, did you try to download the new one? I got some weird error message about 'Invalid Barcode value'.....hhmmm......my guess is, that message would disappear July 30th
Thank's for the old form, Ninyte:)