Did an inquiry on my case on 8 Nov, and the onliine message changed

pleasehelp1

Registered Users (C)
I called 800 number and did an inquiry on my case on 8 Nov. The onliine message changed on 17 Nov and it now says :

"On November 17, 2004, we responded to your request for more information concerning your case. If you have not received our response within 30 days from this date, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283"

I haven't received anything in the mail yet.

Does anybody know how long it takes to get the letter in the mail from the moment the online message changes ?

I would be interested to hear different people's experiences.

Thanks a lot.

>>> haven't received anything in the mail yet.

I believe No-one shared before they did receive anyting after similar online status, seems they are really applying 'Paperwork reduced Act' :D .

Good Luck

pleasehelp1,

while i do not have info that u r asking for, i would like some more info abt ur case. when u made ur inquiry on 11/8, did u get to talk to a live person or u went thru the automated process?

Every time I called for address change I got a letter from USCIS. I dont remember exact timeframe for that but it is slow like may be 2 ~ 4 weeks.

Few days after I did the case status inquiry, my message changed to the one same as yours, though the date is on November 2 blah blah.... The letter came pretty slowly, I got the letter about 10 days after the online message changed. The letter just listed the basic information about your case: receipt number, category..., and the status as "Case is still pending". I was not very surprised or dissaponted this time because this happened few months ago when I queried my AP status. I remember last time I was really speechless, the information they gave to me in that letter was really B*S*. But you may get something different and useful, only please don't set your expectation too high.

yes, it took 2-4 weeks untill they acknowledged the address change but this time I did an inquiry on my case, not the change of address.

I already got an online message like that on 8 oct (like "we responded to your request for more info....), and it took only one day and I received FP notice. So then, it wasn't really more info on my case but FP notice.

This time it has taken 7 days already and I haven't received anything. If they sent something, I should have received it already, so therefore I think I won't receive anything and this message was probably an error or the FP notice my attorney received just couple of days before 17 Nov (note that this was the same FP notice for the 21 Oct appointment that I already went to)

I called 800 number, explained the situation, and there was nothing they can do. They said all I can do is wait, and said it's not possible to transfer me to the second tier officer.

So what shoud one do if you completed FP's, they were cleared by FBI and TSC keeps sending FP notices, not realizing that I have completed them already ?

Anybody has similar experience ?

To : pleasehelp1

pleasehelp1

I am from VSC and not CSC , but have the same message as you did :

Current Status:

On November 23, 2004, we responded to your request for more information concerning your
case. If you have not received our response within 30 days from this date, please call
customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

Does this mean this is RFE ? I am not sure , cananyone through soem light into this one.

Thannks

my online message changed to say the same thing. "we responded to your request for more information concerning ..." blah blah blah.. three weeks later i received a letter saying "your I-485 is pending" and that is it.
The funnny thing is that they responded to an earlier inquiry saying "your case will be forwarded to a supervisor for review". Apparently, the supervisor decided my application is just "pending"

your case is going to be processed soon

I had the same experience. I got the same letter as yours after 60 days of my FP and RFE after another 30 days. A few days after the supervisor received our RFE reply, he approved our cases.

You may need to wait for about 30 days and get RFE from the supervisor. After you reply to the RFE, you will get approved soon. Just wait for another month.

Last edited by a moderator:
Safari_TSC....got the same letter like you...

Safari_TSC....

You were right..it takes a while to get the letter, as a response to the inquiry...i got it a few days ago and it simply says: "your case is still pending"...like i don't know that it is pending....this is crap...i did an inquiry to ask why is pending, not whether it is pending or not. Of course it's pending when it has not been approved yet. It's like going to the doctor because you are sick and then the doctor says: "Yes, you are sick...now go home...!!!"

So, right now...my RD is April 18, 2002, and the processing date is May 31. Obviously it is late. I did 2nd FP on 10/21/04 and FPs were cleared the same day. FBI sent me the form to fill out saying that they didn't have sufficient information to find my records, and what's on the form to fill out is just my name, birthday...in other words the info I already gave them.

So I think it's the name check that's holding my case.

Now the question is, what can one do other to wait and let the life go by ?

I called 800 number to do an inquiry on 8 Nov, and I don't think they responded. Response like "Your case is still pending" does not sound promissing. So should I call again now to try to argue or maybe wait until 8 Dec because that's 30 days from 8 Nov? Seems like it's not going to help much. Should I be calling FBI again ?

In other words, how do I make FBI recognize that I exist, and how do I make CIS talk to FBI and request the info from them.

Any thoughts ?