Detroit - Done with Interview, yet to receive the Oath letter

vinnyk

Registered Users (C)
I had my interview on Apr.16 but still waiting for the Oath letter.
My wife had interview on the same day and she attended the oath ceremony on May 23rd.
I am worried because few other people who I know were interviewed 2 weeks after me were also done with their oath on 23rd. Ceremony was held at Cobo Hall in downtown Detroit with more than 1000 people getting naturalized.

Regarding my interview, it just lasted for 15 minutes. Officer went thru my file and asked me about my length of stay during my recent overseas trip. I did carry 2 passport photographs, driver license. He asked me if I have photographs and made copies of my drivers license.
He asked me six questions about American History and he stopped as I answered them correctly.

He gave me the N-562 with congratulations and told me that I would hear from them within 30 days.It is close to 6 weeks I still haven't heard from USCIS.
I thought these days interview is scheduled only after background check. I am wondering if the Letter is lost in the mail or is it something to do with my recent stay overseas for almost 3 months. why is it taking so long.
Any advise or input would be appreciated. Should I be scheduling for Infopass or should I wait?

You must be in que for oath

vinnyk,

You must be in que for oath ceremony. It doesn't seem like that your background check is still pending. You have been approved and the local Detroit DO is trying to schedule you for the next available oath ceremony. If you get a chance go ahead and schedule yourself for an infopass apptt next week and they will give u an idea to when you will be scheduled for the oath since it's now in the hands of your local DO. If the officer doesn't give you a proper response, try to speak to the supervisor there to figure out whats going on. You will be done soon, now it's the matter of days. Good luck.