Detroit AOS interview success

snalion

Registered Users (C)
We had our AOS interview on July 12 at 11:00am in Detroit and it was a success :D So we reached there at 10:00am, and entered the office at 10:15am. We put our Interview letter in the yellow box and then sat there waiting. However luckily for us, the wait wasn’t that long, since at 11:00am, we were called in(yes they were on time!!!). The officer swore us in and then we were seated. He asked us for our IDs and I gave him our MI licenses. He then asked me (alien) how we had met. He then asked for documents supporting our marriage, for which we gave him copies of: deed to the house, utility bill, car/home insurance and joint bank statements. He then asked us for our proof of employment letters and most recent W2s. We offered him the I-864, but he didn’t need that at all. He then asked me regarding my visa status since I came in on an F1 visa first and then had come in on an H1B visa. He then went down the usual list of questions from the I-485 (terrorist, drugs etc. etc.) for which I answered NO ofcourse!!! He then asked us how our marriage was going, to which we both said “good”. He then asked me for my original birth-certificate (which was not in English). He just looked at it and gave it back to me, since he had a copy of that along with the translated one. We then submitted my Advance Parole and EAD, which he asked for. Finally, he said he was going to stamp my passport, and that’s it. He did, and I became a conditional Legal Permanent Resident of the USA. He told us that the card should come within 2-3 weeks and gave us information about removing the conditions in 2yrs. WHEWW!!!! What a relief!! It was finally over :) WOW..!! and he didn’t even ask to look at any pictures :)
Well good luck to all those who have their interviews coming up, and a big thanks to this board and its members who are always willing to advice and help others. Thank You!

Congratulations:

We had similar experience and we are very happy about it.
Congratulations to you and your spouse.

Take care:

Congratulations Snalion -

Great to hear news like this. I have one question though....did you have your interview later than expected? Looking at the I-485 processing dates for Detroit, they are processing cases with a RD of Jan 31, 2005. So did it take 3-4 months extra than anticiapated? IF you found that the date for your DO was going ahead of your RD, did you initiate any inquiry/talked with congressman, etc.? Just asking because my case is running about 2.5 months past the processing date claimed for my DO (different from yours though).

But, Congratulations once again!!! Stay well.

Jac.

Hi Jac2005,
I'm not sure about the dates, however I did notice dates moving a lot quicker after December 2004. Also after a while of checking the dates online, I stopped looking at them since they weren't being updated. Just by reading some forums here and on other sites, I found out that there were people who had applied after us and were getting their receipts a lot quicker as compared to ours. So I guess, I would start by calling the Customer service dept, and then try to put in an inquiry with the congressman. So good luck. Hope this helps!!