Details of Intent to Deny of Notice.

princeofpersia

Registered Users (C)
Hi Friends !!!

Yesterday i received the Intent to deny Notice.

They require the following documents.

a)Evidence showing that i have maintained a legal status throughout.
b)Employer Letter
c)3 recent paystubs
d)W2 and federal tax returns statements for year 2000.
c) Affdivate from a competant governing authority, stating that i don\'t have a birth certificate. In lieu of this they want CERTIFIED copies of all pages in my passport, including identification pages, all stamped visas and also blank pages.

For my wife they require (a) and (c).

I was wondering where can i get the pages of my passport "certified".
When filing my I485, I had submitted an affidivate not a birth certificate.

Can i go to the Indian consulate and request them for such an affidivate that i don\'t have a birth certificate or can i request them to certify the pages of my passport , or can i request them to do both .

Does anybody have any experince with the Indian consulate and whether i can make such requests.

Thanks !!!

No Title

Shehzad-e-Fars,

Shouldn\'t all these count as RFE, not Intent to deny??

You can get your passport pages NOTORIZED (go to any public notory).

I am a little surprised that affidavit does not suffice though.

Poorna vijay

No Title

Yes most of them make a RFE.
But when they don;t have any evidence showing that we maintained legal status throughout. In such cases they issue a intent to deny notice.

I guess i cannot notarize, because notary only notarizes your signature ( you always have to sign before a notary) . when a notary notarizes, he states that YOU have signed the necessary documents, and there is no forgery. I guess he doesn;t check whether the copiers of the documents are authentic.

I guess this is a difference between notarizing and certifying.
Correct me if i am wrong....

No Title

Hi prince , All these items are non issues and are easily resolvable. I think your passport copies or pages might not have been clear enough to check your status correctly or your lawyer might have goofed /mixed/ missed passport pages. But your lawyer will never admit this. But Nothing to worry about at all . Talk to your lawyer and find out what he needs to do. Also before he refiles the papers, be doubly sure that he does not mix them up or miss anything . This time don\'t make any second guesses. Get info staight from Horses mouth. Since you already have notice, ask you lawyer to call ins and talk to the iio who issued notice and check who should be certifying these passport pages. Everything will be alright and all the best. But don\'t get into a fight with your lawyer since you need him the most right now. Keep calm and this is no problem at all . It is just a big list of RFE .

No Title

Poorna is right Prince.
Go to any Notary along with your original passport and the photocopies. Notary will look at every original and on the corresponding copy, write " certified that this is a true copy of the original". Then she willsign and put a seal (raised not rubber) on every photocopy. Be prepared to pay anywhere between $2-5 per seal ie photocopy. I did that for my degree dcouments when I took admisiion in a graduate course here.
Do not worry you will be fine.

No Title

No, a Notary AUTHENTICATES a copy too - They have a stamp that says "TRUE COPY"

I have gone to the Indian Consulate in NYC and they have a Notary in their pay who does the same thing. If you go to the consulate to CERTIFY a copy they will send you to their Chamcha Notary who will "Solid Katofy" you.

No Title

Thanxs everybody ...
But do you think it would be wise, if i went to the consulate and ALSO get a birth certificate or affidivate saying that we don\'t have our original birth certificate.

Also could you guys suggest all the documents i need to prove that we maintined the legal status throughout.
I guess i need :
(a) Copies of the "Notice of Approval" for H1-B
b)Passport pages containing the visas
c) I-94
d)Copy of the I485 receipt.

Am i missing anything. ???

No Title

Sugreev is right. Go to any Notary. If you have a good relation with your bank, they can do it free of charge.

I think your a) and e) are the difficult once.
For a) if you have all the copies of H1,EAD and I-94 ( at least the numbers) that would do
For e) I think Indian consulate won\'t give a non availability certificate. If you want they can give a Birth certificate. As you have already sent affidavits, if you send a birth certificate it could be a problem. Best bet is to get non availabilty certificate from local authority of your coutry.

No Title

I have had the Indian Consulate attest copy of my Passport before. The only thing is that they do not sign on all pages. They will put a remark , signature and seal on the first page only as true copy. All pages would be stapled together.

Hope this helps.

VSCRD1199

No Title

DO i have to get at the consulate before any specific time?
How much time will it take to issue me a birth certificate ??

No Title

I agree with "kp h". All the issues are solvable. I bet it\'s a big relief since it\'s not a drop dead situation!

I had read somewhere (Murthy site?) about keeping flight tickets of your travel outside the country as proof to show when your status! I tried to keep all my boarding passes but I was very serious :).

Good luck!

No Title

Folks ,,,

Since i cannot get an affidivate from India saying that we don\'t have the birth certificates, can i go to the indian consulate and get a birth certificate.
Will INS honor a birth certificate issued by the indian consulate.

Thanxs

No Title

It seems all of you focus on how to abtain documents. To me, it is more serious to proof that you were not out of status at any time. The reason I am saying this is I got a notice of "intent to deny" too. They ask for a whole bunch of files, but the issue they address most is "in status all the time". They wouldn\'t send an intent to deny notice just for further info or documents. If you have any irregularities in you history, I think you should put more effort there. good luck.

No Title

Interestingly they did NOT send you an RFE?
Why should they call this "Intent to deny?"

No Title

Go when they open in the morning. They would do the attestation & give a consulate\'s birth certificate if you request and apply for one by 4:00 PM in the evening same day.

Also, try to locate copies of all of your previous Immigration papers as applicable like I-20, H-1B petitions, Visas and I-94\'s and EADs to prove that you have maintained Legal status ever since you first entered the country.