Derivative asylee

Freedom1963

Registered Users (C)
Hello Everyone.

I am an granted asylum since February 21,2003.I have filled with USCIS I-730 to bring my doughter here and case was approved September 2005.

After approval case was transfer to National Visa Center and they forwarded to the American Embassy at COP.

Embassy required security clerance check and finally we get he result of the security clerance check .

My doughter will be in USA September 13,2006.

Brief information about the case

Birth date 08.08.1988
I-730 Approval september 2005

to enter USA september 2006

My question is when can we fill I-485 for my doughter?

Can you share your experince with me please.

Thanks.

My question is when can we fill I-485 for my doughter?

You can submit I-485 for your daughter 1 year after she enters the USA.
So, you have to wait for 1 year from her date of entry into the USA.

Thanks or your reply.
Do you know any link about the this issue I could not find clear information.

I know the one years period but still I am not sure.

Regards.

Freedom1963 said:
Thanks or your reply.
Do you know any link about the this issue I could not find clear information.

I know the one years period but still I am not sure.

Regards.

See the I-485 form, its very clear about the 1 year stay in the USA requirement. Actually its a combination of grant of asylum and then physical presence in the USA. Since your daughter will enter the USA, her clock will start from that moment. If she goes to another country (say Canada) to visit, those days will not count towards the one-year requirement

Floyd

Correct, same situation here. To file I-485 she has to comply with two requirements, one years since grant of asylum AND one year of physical presence in the U.S.

She is an derivative asylee since your petition for her was approved, but she needs to fulfill the other requirement as well.

I was a derivative asylee and my children too. you must be physically present in USA before you can apply greencard, and that starts from the date you land in the US, not the date your petition was approved...Good luck

Hello.

I have gotten phone call from my doughter today and she said that she got a letter from General Consulat where she slives and her application is denied under immigration law 221)g).Also they want my doughter to go to consulate.

What does it means?
Is anybody has such as experience?
Please share.

Thanks

Freedom1963 said:
Hello.

I have gotten phone call from my doughter today and she said that she got a letter from General Consulat where she slives and her application is denied under immigration law 221)g).Also they want my doughter to go to consulate.

What does it means?
Is anybody has such as experience?
Please share.

Thanks

When an application is denied under immigration law 221g, means that key information or documents are missing, the applicant should show the documents requested and re-apply again. more info: http://vladivostok.usconsulate.gov/wwwhvrefusals.html

I am sure the consulate asked or told your daughter what documents or info is missing.

My doughter will go the consulate on Tuesday and I hope she will get her paper in order to neter USA.

I will shaere with you guys what will happens?

Thanks

Hello Everyone.

My doughter was in the General Consulate at GOP today.They said that only signature is missing and want my doughter to sign the application.

They requested passport and said that we can get all of the documents within two days.

Regards.

Freedom1963 said:
Hello Everyone.

My doughter was in the General Consulate at GOP today.They said that only signature is missing and want my doughter to sign the application.

They requested passport and said that we can get all of the documents within two days.

Regards.

Excellent--congratulations to you and your family.