Denial of B1 Visa Extension

Sumanreddi

Hi,

I came to US in March 03 on a B1 visa of Company work at client site. On arrival i got a I-94 stamping for 3 months. Subsequently I applied for extension of 6 months thru company. My I 94 expired on June 11. I received a denial of extension on July 24th.
Although in the Application for extension i had enclosed copies of Open Return tickets, the letter states that "Based upon your lack of proof of Specific Date and time of departure i.e., paid reservation tickets' ,..... your application is denied"
Further, the letter also mentions my recorded date of entry as November 9, 2002 and authorized stay till May 8, 2002.......but both the above dates are wrong, --I entered the states only on March 2, 2003 and had a valid visa till June 11, 2003.
I have 2 questions :

Since there has been mistake in my records as to my entry date and visa details, how/when/whom do i inform to rectify the same ?

The letter also states that i have begun to acrrue Unlawful presence in the country and if i depart the US before 181 days i will not be subject to 3 or 10 year bars to admission. Keeping this in mind, what is the maximum period i can stay here ? Will this period of stay cause any problems in my reentry to the country within a short period ?
What in your opinion is the best alternative ?

Request ur reply ASAP
Thanks

hi,

in which service center did U apply?

u can try calling them but the best option would be to leave otherwise it will be touf to enter again.