Denial ,appeal ,citizenship

dafer

Registered Users (C)
INS denial my citizenship and I filed a n-336 back in November 2005
I have not got a responce

Can I file my N-400 while I have a pending N-336?
mayby I get a better IO
My Citizenship Was turned down for I fogot to mention some details

very dumb denial
plese let me know how many time can a person apply

Denial

Hey happened exactly. Did they denied at Interview or just the application. Also what did you forget to mention ??

denial

I had my first interview in san antonio office and pass all the requirments and the officer gave me a letter of congrats.1.here is my letter attached with the n-336 form and my attorney's

My name is Julio Cesar Trejo and I currently live ???. I have been a lawful permanent resident in the United States since May 11, 1990.

2. On October 2004, I filed my Application for Naturalization with the Texas Service Center. On January 19, 2005, I was interviewed by Officer Eric Holman in San Antonio, Texas. I answered all the appropriate questions, passed my English and History Test and was told that I was approved. He told me that I will be called to do the Oath Ceremony later. I told them I would move to Atlanta, Georgia and that I would do my change of address.

3. A few months later, I was scheduled for a second interview on May 4, 2005 in Atlanta, Georgia with Officer Banks. I thought I was going for my oath ceremony, not realizing that I would be undergoing a second interview. She did not ask me all the preliminary questions. She just asked me one question: “What happened in 1987?” I said “nothing” because I thought she was referring to whether I had a criminal arrest or conviction. She went ahead and asked if I could write a statement saying that “I have never provided false or misleading information to any officer of the United States”. I wrote down “I did not provide any false or misleading information to any officer of the United States.” She said to correct it saying instead “I have never provided any false or misleading information to any officer of the United States.” I wrote down what she said thinking it was a requirement for the N-400. I was not sure what she was talking about.

4. On November 7, 2005, the U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Services (“CIS”) denied my application for citizenship because according to the officer I failed to provide truthful testimony during my first interview for naturalization and on my sworn statement.

5. CIS alleged that on October 16, 1987, I signed Form I-690 attesting that I had knowingly used false material information to obtain entry into the United States. It had been over 18 years since I filed my Application for Residency. I did not remember that I had filed an application called Form I-690. During the time that I applied for my green card (eighteen years ago), I did not read or write any English. The agency that represented me, Catholic Social Services, filed out all my applications and I just signed them. At this time I am requesting a copy of my file to CIS and Catholic Social Services because I do not remember any of the details of my previous application. I was never trying to hide any information from USCIS. I was not even warned that there was adverse information that could end my chances of becoming a citizen. The question from the officer was broad and I was not sure what she was referring to.

Wow! I am sorry that you are going through this. If you were misrepresented (and your forms were filled out by someone else on your behalf 18 years ago, which would be recorded on the form itself), it should not be difficult to appeal. Please get a good immigration lawyer and have them represent you. I am sure things would work out in your favor as you said that you did not speak or read any english at the time the forms were submitted for your GC.