Delayed N400 - What can I do to expedite?

kimtd

Registered Users (C)
Hi everyone.

I applied for n400 in year 2001.. and it got denied b/c I was in court probation for DUI (not to sound like a commercial.. but DON'T DRINK & DRIVE... especially if you're a green card holder. :) ). I applied again after a while.. which was Jan of this year, 2007. It's already AUGUST now and all I got so far was

Case received and pending.

On January 12, 2007, we received this N400 APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. ....

NOw I understand that they want court documents to support my claims on the application (I told the truth.. that I had a DUI and i even mailed the official court-stamped docs along with the app), but this is getting ridiculously long.

Is there something I can do to help expedite the process? I've yet to receive more requests for docs... or ANY mail for that matter... from USCIS.

You might want to make an Infopass appointment and talk to an Immigration Officer about your case.

Not sure how much information they will give you but it's worth a try.

Good luck! :)

I am assuming you finished you fingerprinting already. You may want to check the thread for your DO to see what the approximate timeline is. You have no reason to worry unless people who applied well after you did already received their interview letters. If that is the case I would do the InfoPass like happigal suggested.

-KM

I have had my case pending on the status page since March....and i have already completed everything except the oath.....do not worry...i don't think they ever update the silly thing.

You should get fingerprinting about two months after you apply and an interview about 5 or 6 months after that...unless they have a problem with your name check

Have you done your fingerprinting already?

I applied Dec 2006, got my FP done in Dec 2006, and am still waiting for interview in Aug 2007.

Good luck.