Delay in processing of EAD

pi31415927

Hi all,

I filed a concurrent I-140/I-485 in October last year based on EB2/NIW classification. My I-485/765/131 dates are:

ND: 10/20/2010
PD: 10/13/2010 (also receipt date)

Then I also got ASC appointment for photo and fingerprint which I went to in Dec 2010.

Now after more than 90 days the I-765 hasn't yet been issued. I can't work. :-( I checked online, the last update 11/18/2010. I tried to contact NCSC 1-800 number (1/13/2011), and seemed like there was no movement in the case. After 30 days I tried again to call them; this time they told me to write TSC an email. I did that, and so far there was no response either.

I believe I-765 delay is not unique to me. If you have experienced it, can you share your experience (or refer me to your prior posting on this or other forum)?

What can be the reason if I-765 delay? My knowledge is that I-140 and I-485 are processed separately; also my lawyer thinks that I-485 and I-765 are not quite tied together either.

FYI I did file I-601 because I refuse vaccination on religious grounds. I wonder if this would trigger more thorough background check. By lawyer says this should not delay I-765 though.

cifu,

was it a first EAD for you or extension? did you get yours already? I applied for renewal in February 2011 and my current EAD expires end of this month. This is my seond renewal and during the first one, it only took about 5 weeks for them to approve my new EAD. My wifes renewal last also took about 5 weeks... But this time it seems to take longer... Well, the processing times indicates 3 months though.

Anyone else experiencing a longer approval or EAD early this year?

akodyanoya

There is no premium processing for EAD. You have to wait like everyone else (some people get it really fast, some take longer). If you don't get it within 90 days then that's the only time you could schedule an infopass appointment with your local USCIS office.

I called USCIS after 65 days, and somehow the call got transferred to next level of support (immigration officer?) as my status was not showing online. I mentioed to him that my job is in jeapordy if I don't get the renewal in time (it was 10 days before expiry of current EAD). He put in a service request to expedite processing. The EAD got approved in 2 days and was in my hands another 2 days later. Same happened with my wife too, though hers took 7-8 days total, but still fairly fast. You may try this route if it is an urgent situtation. Normally they recommend calling only after 75 days since filing for such a request.