Decsion by mail-citizenship

ronin1976

Registered Users (C)
I passed my citizenship interview today, but decsion will be mailed. I know many people have the same sitiuation. What does it mean? The interview was smooth. Only asked questions from application and the usual 6 questions from the blue book. Any idea why they do this? Thank You!

I passed my citizenship interview today, but decsion will be mailed. I know many people have the same sitiuation. What does it mean? The interview was smooth. Only asked questions from application and the usual 6 questions from the blue book. Any idea why they do this? Thank You!

If you are like me, you may receive the oath letter in about a month and take the oath three weeks after receiving the letter. Or you may like others, who wait somewhere between 1 week and more than a year for the oath to take place. Wish you luck.

Try to relax. I've seen quite a few people posting here who got the same "decision will be mailed..." thing, but got their OLs after the normal period of time.
Probably it had to be approved by a senior IO? any idea if your IO was junior/senior? that happens a lot, and is pretty normal.

IF there was a problem, I think the IO would have told you what you need to correct it ..or they will send you a letter...?
so, unless that happens, I don't think it makes sense to worry so early.

I think you should just wait a reasonable amount of time, and if you don't hear anything and/if you're worried, then make an infopass..
But you probably will be ok, esp. because you said the IV went "smooth".

(I am also surprised by the amazing number of people who get this notice at the IV, but do not try to ask the IO "why?", even when they have the chance, esp. when it's the IO who hands them the N652, as in some cases...you may not have had the chance, i don't know)

Last edited by a moderator:
i got decision will be mailed to you and i asked my IO two times in a row and she answered two times in a row and said yes you got it i will approve you to the supervisor..whatever the heck she meant by that i still got the gut to ask her twice about if im in or not... its been 7 weeks im still waiting for the decision by mail i hope its a oath letter:)

This is how I understand the process....
IO can only recomend for approval after the interview....it is a person higher up who actually approves the application. I'm guessing their supervisor...