Decision on Asylum interview---Please help! Thank you!

lionhound

Hello Fellow Asylum seekers:

I had my asylum interview a month ago, at L.A. Office, which went very well. It last about 1.5 hours, and at the end of the interview, the Asylum Officer, a very amiable person, said "You story is not just plausible but credible to me. I'll make a favorable decision on your case. I'll need to verify it with my supervisor and we'll mail out our decision to you in 10 days..."

However a month has passed, I haven't received anything. Does it mean a pending decision?

Thank you.

lionhound

just keep waiting and if you are so impatient you can write to the asylum office for your case notifications ,you can very the procedure on the uscis website for info pass

Good luck to you

I wish you the best of luck. Be patient. I had mine last week. The officer was so cold and not supportive. I did my best and answered almost all of her questions although I was nervous and felt a little out of focus because of her way of dealing with me. My application is very strong with so many supporting documents. How much does the application weigh when making an asylum decision vs. the interview? I feel I made a few mistakes -- not many indeed.

Hello Fellow Asylum seekers:

I had my asylum interview a month ago, at L.A. Office, which went very well. It last about 1.5 hours, and at the end of the interview, the Asylum Officer, a very amiable person, said "You story is not just plausible but credible to me. I'll make a favorable decision on your case. I'll need to verify it with my supervisor and we'll mail out our decision to you in 10 days..."

However a month has passed, I haven't received anything. Does it mean a pending decision?

Thank you.

lionhound

Hi Lionhound,
I see on your profile that you wrote:
2/24/2012--Submitted I-589
09/20/2012--Received EAD
12/27/2012--Interview Done

How come your interview took place 10 months after you submitted your I-589???
I see you had interview in LA (that mean Anaheim Office right?).
Do you live in California? or do you live outside California and that is why you did not get interviewed until 10 months
after you submitted your I-589?
So I had 3 questions:
1. Please kindly explain why it took so long for you to get interviewed...
2. Are you still in status or out of status at the time you submit your I-589 On Feb 2012?
3. Are you still in status or out of status at the time of the interview on Dec 2012?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Lionhound,
I see on your profile that you wrote:
2/24/2012--Submitted I-589
09/20/2012--Received EAD
12/27/2012--Interview Done

How come your interview took place 10 months after you submitted your I-589???
I see you had interview in LA (that mean Anaheim Office right?).
Do you live in California? or do you live outside California and that is why you did not get interviewed until 10 months
after you submitted your I-589?
So I had 3 questions:
1. Please kindly explain why it took so long for you to get interviewed...
2. Are you still in status or out of status at the time you submit your I-589 On Feb 2012?
3. Are you still in status or out of status at the time of the interview on Dec 2012?

Thanks
Thank you. To answer your question:
1. Because I was not in California. I had to travel to Anaheim at my own expense.
2. Yes
3. Yes

I think it is possible because, I applied on October 25 and did my biometrics on Nov 7th, 2012, and havent received a letter for an interview yet!
i am in status