Decision of interview

ajhoque

I have given my interview on Dec 2017.
It been almost one year 9 months , i have not yet received any further information from the New Jersey Immigration office.
What shall i do now ?
It would be really kind if anyone could reply

You will probably have to wait for a long time because the NJ asylum officers were recently deployed to the southern border.

Thank you very much @irani.

I do have one more question.
Shall i go and knock them. Because after 6 hours of long interview i was told by the officer that either i will be send to court (if denied) or approval to live idefinite (if approved).
It has already been more one and a half year can you suggest me any next step i could take @irani

Thank you
Regards

Thank you very much @irani.

I do have one more question.
Shall i go and knock them. Because after 6 hours of long interview i was told by the officer that either i will be send to court (if denied) or approval to live idefinite (if approved).
It has already been more one and a half year can you suggest me any next step i could take @irani

Thank you
Regards

Since you applied before 2018, which is when the new LIFO was implemented, your case has less priority compared to one who applied let's say today. You will have to wait until the newer cases have been adjudicated and cleared. LIFO really screwed up the older cases. You may be looking at 5 years or so to get your decision. be patient.

Thank you once again @irani

I know people who were interviewed before me ( one day or two days before). They got their decision in 15 days ?
Is it something else than ?

TIA
Regards

Thank you once again @irani

I know people who were interviewed before me ( one day or two days before). They got their decision in 15 days ?
Is it something else than ?

TIA
Regards
Dude,

That generic statement that "come back and pick up decision in two weeks" is purely bullshit. The officers say that to everyone. It is possible for some people in the new system to get denied in 2 weeks if they have a weak case but almost no one gets their approval in two weeks. The interviewing officer has to run it by a supervisor before recommending you for approval and then it is followed by background checks which will take quite some time.

Like I said you might be looking at a couple of years until you get your decision, especially because the NJ officers are not working these days.

If your interview was December 2017, you can open an inquiry with USCIS and ask for a status update. You can also talk to an attorney who can review your case for you. As MJ_irani indicated though, the community has recently become aware that most officers in the NE area of the country have been temporarily reassigned to the south border to deal with the migrant crisis down there. We don't know how long this has been going on for. So it's possible your case is just waiting for the officer to get back to his pile of work in NJ. Open an inquiry, or be patient.

Dude,

That generic statement that "come back and pick up decision in two weeks" is purely bullshit. The officers say that to everyone. It is possible for some people in the new system to get denied in 2 weeks if they have a weak case but almost no one gets their approval in two weeks. The interviewing officer has to run it by a supervisor before recommending you for approval and then it is followed by background checks which will take quite some time.

Like I said you might be looking at a couple of years until you get your decision, especially because the NJ officers are not working these days.
I got decision after three week of interview by mail.
Granted