Decision after N400 Interview at Buffalo Field Office

NYorker2020

Hi,

Does anyone know how long it takes to get a decision on N400 application from USCIS buffalo field office after interview? I completed my interview on Aug 27, 2020. The officer said he would review the application. He did not give me any decision. I passed the test and civics, i have no criminal arrest or record. Anyone filed in Buffalo, NY in 2020? Please share your experience.

That was just a few days ago, so it’s not been a long time at all. Technically, they have to issue a decision within 120 days of the interview, otherwise, you can file lawsuit. However, practically there are few cases which keep languishing for years unless the applicant takes legal recourse. If you do not get an answer within 90 days, you might need to start planning a future course of action.

That was just a few days ago, so it’s not been a long time at all. Technically, they have to issue a decision within 120 days of the interview, otherwise, you can file lawsuit. .

Lol, maybe you can file a “case outside normal processing time” request first before jumping straight to a lawsuit!

But yeah, a week or two to get a decision is perfectly normal.

Based on the experience of myself and many other folks whose applications have been delayed for over 4 months, the only sureshot way to get your case moving is a lawsuit. The “case request” is just psyc-ops and gets you a canned computer generated reply. Remember that you are dealing with a Big government bureaucracy whose employees face very little consequences if any for poor job performance. Finally it’s up to the applicant if they want to wait out the uncertainty or get a decision move on with their life. I prefer the later. However in any case OP’s case is no where close to this point.

Based on the experience of myself and many other folks whose applications have been delayed for over 4 months, the only sureshot way to get your case moving is a lawsuit. The “case request” is just psyc-ops and gets you a canned computer generated reply. Remember that you are dealing with a Big government bureaucracy whose employees face very little consequences if any for poor job performance. Finally it’s up to the applicant if they want to wait out the uncertainty or get a decision move on with their life. I prefer the later. However in any case OP’s case is no where close to this point.
And I’ve seen positive reports from a number of people who spoke to tier 2 at uscis or e-requested, and if no success went the congressman route, all free, but I’m sure the lawyers & their bank accounts are happy with your shoot first policy lol.

And I’ve seen positive reports from a number of people who spoke to tier 2 at uscis or e-requested, and if no success went the congressman route, all free, but I’m sure the lawyers & their bank accounts are happy with your shoot first policy lol.

I hear the Buffalo Field Office is one of the best in the United States and faster. So i hope something will come out pretty soon.

The lawsuit is only after 120 days. My personal recommendation is after 4-6 weeks, contact congressman/senator. If nothing happens, contact congressman or senator again after 90 days. After 120 days, file a lawsuit. Skip the case request altogether. I know someone from church who had his interview back in Jan 2019 and was told that he would be approved and is still waiting for a decision. I told him last year itself to file a lawsuit but he is still “writing letters”. Like I said, it’s a personal choice. Again you do not need a lawyer for the lawsuit. 99% of these lawsuits never ever see a trial. You file it and your case moves. There is a long sticky thread about it on here.

The lawsuit is only after 120 days. My personal recommendation is after 4-6 weeks, contact congressman/senator. If nothing happens, contact congressman or senator again after 90 days. After 120 days, file a lawsuit. Skip the case request altogether. I know someone from church who had his interview back in Jan 2019 and was told that he would be approved and is still waiting for a decision. I told him last year itself to file a lawsuit but he is still “writing letters”. Like I said, it’s a personal choice. Again you do not need a lawyer for the lawsuit. 99% of these lawsuits never ever see a trial. You file it and your case moves. There is a long sticky thread about it on here.

Thanks for the advise. It took them forever to schedule an interview and i had to force them through my congressman office. The case currently out of their processing time frames. I filed this application since Jan 14, 2019.

Yeah its just nerve racking having to wait for a decision after an interview.
Ya, it took around a week or maybe a bit more after the interview for me (different FO), it’s not fun waiting. Unless there was any obvious problem (and you’d know if there was) you are almost certainly fine.

Ya, it took around a week or maybe a bit more after the interview for me (different FO), it’s not fun waiting. Unless there was any obvious problem (and you’d know if there was) you are almost certainly fine.
To my knowledge there was no issue. The IO asked me some questions about my green card application and took some notes. He then say said, i will review the entire application. I have no criminal records.