• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

December 2019 Visa bulletin for January 2020 interviews released

Region All DV Chargeability Areas Except
Those Listed Separately

AFRICA19,000 Except: Egypt 10,000
ASIA8,200 Except: Iran 5,100
Nepal 6,500
EUROPE10,300
NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS) 8
OCEANIA1,200
SOUTH AMERICA,
and the CARIBBEAN1,075

Good progress I'd say!

How do I insert an "I don't like that" icon? like the "like" one? Because Veronice is not liking this bulletin.

Me too...

I come from EU and I am dissapointed too. This year is really confusing. When I look at the historical Bulletin Numbers there is only 2014 and 2015 with high case numbers and if it goes a similar way I will miss out. It will be so many more months to keep our hopes high. For now I am just sad.

Region All DV Chargeability Areas Except
Those Listed Separately

AFRICA19,000 Except: Egypt 10,000
ASIA8,200 Except: Iran 5,100
Nepal 6,500
EUROPE10,300
NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS) 8
OCEANIA1,200
SOUTH AMERICA,
and the CARIBBEAN1,075

Good progress I'd say!
I got current now.

Me too...

I come from EU and I am dissapointed too. This year is really confusing. When I look at the historical Bulletin Numbers there is only 2014 and 2015 with high case numbers and if it goes a similar way I will miss out. It will be so many more months to keep our hopes high. For now I am just sad.
+1

Keep your hope high and stay positive that hopefully we will get current this year and have our chances . AF region is faster , but remember that there very high case numbers , as high as 75000 , while the highest EU case number reported so far is around 5600 . And maybe as there are so many holes in AF , also many people mess up with their process , especially this year KCC asked documents to be sent in a specific way .

Monthly visa issuances for 10/2019 have been released. 465 visas were issued. I had to double check if they changed the format seeing that number, but it seems it's a legit result...

AF 118
AS 103
EU 196
NA 0
OC 14
SA 34

A lazy start for FY2020... Updated charts are available at https://dvcharts.xarthisius.xyz/

Monthly visa issuances for 10/2019 have been released. 465 visas were issued. I had to double check if they changed the format seeing that number, but it seems it's a legit result...

AF 118
AS 103
EU 196
NA 0
OC 14
SA 34

A lazy start for FY2020... Updated charts are available at https://dvcharts.xarthisius.xyz/

Thanks for the update! This number does seem extremely low, I wonder what happened...
BTW, I thought issuance statistics only start showing in January?

AF 118
AS 103
EU 196
NA 0
OC 14
SA 34

Yep - it was a slow start, same for November, and to some extent, December. They put the effort into closing out DV2019.

Ummm, no. They still have to progress through all the case numbers.
I know, but still, chances would be lower for those with higher case numbers if there were, say, 5000 visas issued by now instead of 1000... The progress of VB is still pretty good even considering the low number of visas issued so I feel like there is more chance of regions becoming current sometime around the summer

I know, but still, chances would be lower for those with higher case numbers if there were, say, 5000 visas issued by now instead of 1000... The progress of VB is still pretty good even considering the low number of visas issued so I feel like there is more chance of regions becoming current sometime around the summer

Again, No. The reason there are low issued is because of the slow start on the VB. With the lower density it means there were far fewer cases made current than "normal" (if normal exists). That doesn't help high cases numbers in any way.

Again, No. The reason there are low issued is because of the slow start on the VB. With the lower density it means there were far fewer cases made current than "normal" (if normal exists). That doesn't help high cases numbers in any way.
That would be a valid point if the VB numbers were similar to last year's, but they are much higher, meaning the number of selectees falling inside those numbers are the same (for example 2000 selectees between the numbers 1-8000 this year is like 2000 selectees between numbers 1-3000 last year). I don't think less people (absolute number) became current this year, that's what I'm trying to say.
I really think there are a lot of refusals/AP/non responders for some reason, but guess we'll have to wait for January for the CEAC data to know for sure

Last edited:
That would be a valid point if the VB numbers were similar to last year's, but they are much higher, meaning the number of selectees falling inside those numbers are the same (for example 2000 selectees between the numbers 1-8000 this year is like 2000 selectees between numbers 1-3000 last year). I don't think less people (absolute number) became current this year, that's what I'm trying to say.
I really think there are a lot of refusals/AP/non responders for some reason, but guess we'll have to wait for January for the CEAC data to know for sure

You can safely assume I know what you are trying to explain to me! I understand about the highest numbers, I understand the density and so on. I know - and have written many articles on the subject.

Now, with that in mind, I am telling you that less people (yes, as an absolute number) were current/eligible for interview this year in October, and therefore less people got approved. That was deliberate, it's not by accident - the VB is set each month based on how many cases they want to put into the scheduling, not the other way around.

By the way it is also NOT correct to say the VB numbers were much higher than last years, they were largely the same in October as the previous year and actually quite a lot less than some recent years.

http://britsimonsays.com/historical-visa-bulletin-numbers/