Debo, do you know when a case is ACTUALLY assigned to an officer?

Anaram

Registered Users (C)
I mean whether it\'s assigned as soon as you file for I-485 or after doing your FP?Also,after FP is done can we still expect RFE(which nobody
wants ofcourse)

No Title

Its only after the adjudication dept gets your FP background check from FP department is your case assigned..Mine went for background check on june 19 but till july 17 no news from FP dept. Note FP background check can be months after your FP reaches CSC from FBI.

who is doing the background check

Hi Debo,
Could you please clarify for me who is actually performing the background chaeck the FBI or the INS. I thought that after the FBI receives the FP they compare them and send the results to the INS at least that what the FBI lady told me when I called.,

Take care guys

No Title

Yes correct..those FBI results are verified by FP department in CSC. Its should hardly take 10 minutes for this job but the lazy bums at INS take weeks for that ...once verified they are sent back to adjudication dept.

No Title

debo,
    this is a post by carol li
Posted By: Carol Li
                                                                                       7/23/01 1:05 PM
                                                                                       (#26 of 26)
    ND: 03/12/01, wac-01-126****, No FP yet????!!!!
    Just talked to an IIO, was told that our case has not been assigned to an officer yet. Only after been assigned to officer, they will issue FP notice. Is that true?
    Carol

What do you think about this one?it\'s confusing,isn\'t it?

No Title

yeah its confusing..i read this yesterday .....IIOs just play around....nobody knows the exact thing but all are right partially...everybody has their own exp.

Re: WAC

Hi there,
My deatils WAC 01-093-5xxxx
FP 4/25/91 no results yet/ still waiting on the ponone to talk to the IIOs
ND 2/1/01, CSC PD:always current

No Title

Gerda try talking to IIO ...You are way ahead of me..also ask about how long to get result from background check...and when is officer assigned on case?

No Title

Also does everybody has to go through Background check of the Finger Prints or it\'s that only few random cases go for background check ???

Thanks Debo

Thanks Debo,

but the only problem is that I cannot get through the busy line to spoke to someone. Also I work and can\'t stay on the line forever.
Take care