Death of green card beneficiary

asimraja

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I am a USA citizen. I had applied for green card application for my mother, who was residing with me in USA. We had filed for I-140, I-485, her interview with USCIS and had responded to a number of RFEs. However, while we were waiting to hear about the decision on her green card, she passed away.

I would like to know how we can inform USCIS that she has passed away. What form should I fill out?
I want to do this so that, if I want to sponsor someone else in the future, not informing about my mother's passing may cause problems.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Hi,

I am a USA citizen. I had applied for green card application for my mother, who was residing with me in USA. We had filed for I-140, I-485, her interview with USCIS and had responded to a number of RFEs. However, while we were waiting to hear about the decision on her green card, she passed away.

I would like to know how we can inform USCIS that she has passed away. What form should I fill out?
I want to do this so that, if I want to sponsor someone else in the future, not informing about my mother's passing may cause problems.

Thank you in advance for your help!
My Condolences.

Just ignore future correspondences and the case will be considered abandoned.

Shouldnt have any bearing on your ability to sponsor someone in the future.

After all its not done for free!!

You would have to pay.

Now that you responded to RFE's either green card be approved or denied based on what documents you provided. Should the case be approved & you receive green card, promptly surrender it citing beneficiary is no more alive.