deadline for PR visa stamping?

tiburon

Registered Users (C)
I received a letter from Canadian consulate buffalo yesterday stating that my application is complete and they haved asked me to send them my passport for visa stamping and the letter does not mention any deadline for me to do so?! It just mentions that if I don't send my passport soon it may result in delaying of my application.

Can somebody please tell me, how much time do we have to get the visa stamped on the passport before they reject the application? I have already sent them the Landing fees.

Also, once you get your PR visa stamped then how much time do you have to actually enter the country?

I will really appreciate if someone can please answer these questions.

much thanks

Can somebody who got their visas stamped by sending in their passports please respond -- was there any deadline mentioned on the letters to get the visas stamped?

Thanks for your time.

I think I got a letter which asked me to send my passport within 90 days.

But it is good to send as soon as possible.

Congrats!!!

Hi Tiburon,

You should send your passport within 60 to 90 days of receiving the passport request letter. The validity of the PR visa is one year from the day you got your medical done i.e. if you got your medical exam done on 01 March 2005 your visa will be valid till 01 March 2006. You will have to enter Canada before the expiry of the PR visa.

Thank you msukid and kenny04 for your responses. I originally had plans to travel to my country but I guess I will postpone my travel plans and get the visa stamped first.

Thanks again,
tiburon

Question about PR Visa stamping

Friends,

I received letter stating that I need to mail in passports within 30 days for obtaining Canadian Immigration visas. I had the following questions:

1) How long does it take for them to return the passports once I mail it to Buffalo? As I travel to Mexico a lot, I need access to my passport.

2) Someone had mentioned to me that the immigrant visa is "physcially inserted" into the passport. What does this mean? I had though that it would be a visa stamp. Can someone who has gone thru this procedure shed light on this?

3) Lastly, can I still travel to Canada on a valid visitor visa, after the immigration visa is inserted or stamped? Again, as I travel to Canada too on a regular basis, I do not want to land till I am ready to do so.

Thanks in advance.