DC Stamping instructions

gc007gc

Registered Users (C)
One of the most active thread "NY Federal Plaza Stamping instructions." is amazing. I would like to initiate another one "DC Stamping instructions." Please share your experience. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Me and my wife got our passports stampped at the DC office on Dec.27th.

Here are the details:

Infopass appointment was for 9am we got there at about 8:30 (it was bitter bitter bitter cold that day). The building is right on the main road so not even a place to stop the car to drop someone off, luckily when we got there, there wasn't much traffic so I dropped my wife and kid off in front of the building and parked in the parking lot (this is the Dunn Loring metro parking). We were let in at about 8:55am (there were people there without InfoPass who were being allowed in btw) not sure if anyone was there for passport stampping w/out an appointment or not. After we got in we were given a number and asked to wait in a large hall, we got our turn in about 15 mins and the stampping itself took less than 10 mins. We were out by around 9:30am.

The most fun part was the parking payment. I didn't know that once you got in to the lot you couldn't just pay at the exit, there was no way out other than to walk to the metro station in freaking sub zero temprature buy a parking card (which btw is a minimum of $10) then use that to exit.

Anyhoo...wasn't too bad an experience other than the little parking fiasco. The people were nice and polite and everything gets done rather quickly. I guess InfoPass helps in some case.

Good Luck to all!!!

Abidb said:
Me and my wife got our passports stampped at the DC office on Dec.27th.

Anyhoo...wasn't too bad an experience other than the little parking fiasco. The people were nice and polite and everything gets done rather quickly. I guess InfoPass helps in some case.

Good Luck to all!!!

Thanks, Abidb

Did you have any peoblems with getting infopass appointment. Looks like the infopass PS option doesn't work???

haan yaar i had the same problem so I took appointment for "speak with an immigration officer" that worked. Try after 5pm and keep trying, apparently they open a window of appointments everyday so you need to keep trying, definitely try after 5 pm and I am sure you will get it soon.

Good Luck!!

Abidb said:
haan yaar i had the same problem so I took appointment for "speak with an immigration officer" that worked. Try after 5pm and keep trying, apparently they open a window of appointments everyday so you need to keep trying, definitely try after 5 pm and I am sure you will get it soon.

Good Luck!!

The PS option is working right now. So if any person need an appointment do it now. Current available date/time is Jan. 14th/early morning.

Hello Friends,

I just took appointment for PP stamping and they ask to bring 2 Photos. Is that required for PP stamping? Could someone please post what is required on that day ?

Thanks

vahope4gc said:
Hello Friends,

I just took appointment for PP stamping and they ask to bring 2 Photos. Is that required for PP stamping? Could someone please post what is required on that day ?

Thanks

You should have an appointment letter like this:

Please be on time. Failure to show up on time will result in the cancellation of your appointment. You will then need to reschedule your appointment. You will not be admitted more than 15 minutes before your scheduled appointment time.

• You must appear in person and bring photo identification along with this appointment letter.
• Acceptable forms of identification are any of the following: Government issued identification, passport, valid driver's license, I-94, Work Authorization Card, or Permanent Resident Card. (Green Card)
• In order to serve you more efficiently, we require you to bring all applicable immigration forms, letters, receipts, translations and originals of supporting documents.
• Bring with you the approval letter / Form I-797C, 2 passport-style photographs (2 if temporary card needed), and a valid, unexpired passport.
• US CIS new address is 2675 Prosperity Avenue, Fairfax, VA 22031

MonkMonk said:
What all documents did you have to carry with you?

Thanks,

2 new pics (2 per person, based on the new front face style. Also make sure you write your name and A# on the back of pics with a pencil)
All old APs
All old EAD cards
passports with I-94 attached
I-485 approval notices
printout of Infopass appointments

DC area

For DC area if you enter ZIP Code the PP stamping location is Baltimore, right? Please advice...

postme said:
For DC area if you enter ZIP Code the PP stamping location is Baltimore, right? Please advice...

depends on your state. if you live in MD, PS is in Baltimore. if VA or DC then Fairfax.

Any friends have PPS done withou an Appointment?

Any friends have PPS done in afternoon?

Thanks.

gc007gc said:
Any friends have PPS done withou an Appointment?

Any friends have PPS done in afternoon?

Thanks.

Went there (merrifield) this afternoon :) and was not allowed to get into the door without the afternoon appointment. :D

yes and if you drive park right behind the building some moron in his form said in front of the building which is the metro authorized parking. (the parking lot os on the same side as the INS office and is behind the building) Have money 4 bucks with you and the guy will collect as you get in.

went to stamp with 8am appointments. arrived just before 8. :cool:

outside the building there was only one line of ~15 perople. they all did not have appointments. :p

immediadely got into the door. took 1 min for security check then 15 min in line for getting a ticked number. :confused:

NOTE :eek:you don't need multiple appointments for a family if you come together. otherwise thry separate your flies and process your cases separately (multiple tickets in multiple windows) and it takes longer. why? it seemed to me they wanted to punish multiple appointments or they wanted to count their daily service. If you don't believe me:confused: or you want be safe :mad: , get multiple appointments and don't show all, just one, to the ticket distributor unless she asks. :cool:

The big lobby area was almost empty :eek: -- 3 opening windows, about 10 customers, ~10 officers and hundred seats. waited in the lobby for 10min, then called and then had everything done, including stamping, in 5 min for each case.

When I finished, the 15 people line outside the building was gone. :eek: I think they also got in after no more appointments showed up. :)