Damn lawyer wasted me 2 months

chinabee

Registered Users (C)
Apparently my FP notice has been sitting on his desk for almost 2 months. It was sent on Sept. 9 and scheduled for Oct. 9, 2004. His excuse is it sent to his old address.

So will there be any problem that i do the FP tomorrow? It's not too late? it's going to delay my I485?

Anybody know the office hour of the FP place in Houston?

Did you change your address? They might send a copy to your old address too. I think you should be fine. But why don't you ask your attoney about the possible consequence? Good luck!

Peter2
ND 07/02
FP?

he said there's no problem.

No, because of this GC process, I haven't changed my address for 4 years now.

chinabee

Even if you didn't provide your FP within the scheduled date, try for a FP immediately. If you don't provide your FP, TSC can even deny your case as "abandoned." It has happened to an unfortunate member of this forum.

Never mind...go do it.

And if you do tomorrow, your results will most probably be received by INS from FBI tomorrow itself. So, you have nothing to lose. Just don't wait any longer. Get it done.

Chinabee,

The FP notice usually says that you have 3 months from the notice date to complete your FP -- it is only after the 3 months that your I-485 is considered abandoned. So you are late but not too late. Get it done ASAP!

chinabee said:
How long? My date is always 1 month overdue. Is it too long? I'll get it done tomrrow

My case is March 2002. And I have done whatever you guys suggested. Stiil nothing happened. I sent many emails to my lawyer to push him to query on my behalf. He said I am bothering him.

TSC 2002: CSC is working on 2004 cases. It is unfair how TSC and NSC are still working on 2002 cases. Besides, all of my friends with ND in 2003 already got approved. I'm thinking we should do something such as writing letters directly to USCIS director, all of the congressmen plus President Bush to address this question. Lawyers don't help too much because they work for money.

Peter2
ND7/02
FP?

>>President Bush to address this question
He is tired of election campaign and spending quality time, learning how to eat pretzel

This is what the staff at ASC told me ..

You can do your FP within 90 days of your FP date ( later than fp, not earlier). If after 90 days, USCIS does not get your FP results, they will consider the case abandoned. So as per this, you are OK, go to the ASC and give the FP ASAP dude...

will_get_there

I think you have paid him so that you can bother him.

TSC_2002 said:
My case is March 2002. And I have done whatever you guys suggested. Stiil nothing happened. I sent many emails to my lawyer to push him to query on my behalf. He said I am bothering him.

What's the notice date? it's date the FP is sent or the date of scheduled date?

will_get_there said:
You can do your FP within 90 days of your FP date ( later than fp, not earlier). If after 90 days, USCIS does not get your FP results, they will consider the case abandoned. So as per this, you are OK, go to the ASC and give the FP ASAP dude...

will_get_there