Dallas USCIS "DORA" office

rikdcop

The DORA program in Dallas has been hailed as a huge success. The DORA program is supposed to have all AOS filings complete within 90 days. However, my wife and daughter filed in this office and we had our interviews on 10-10-06. Since this date there has been nothing done. All inquiries on our part are dead ends. We always get the old "Name check pending". I am looking for information about how to contact the director of this office. You cannt get an Infopass apointment and there are no phone numbers anywhere. You cannot enter the building without an appointment. I have sent certified letters but they have gone unanswered. The DORA office is located in it's own building at 3101 N Stemmons Frwy. Has anyone else out there had dealings with this office?

I am in the same situation as you are. i filed 07/29/2007. Up to this moment nothing has been heard. we have already received the EAD, but thats about it. No touches, no updates. it is frustrating. I am contacting my congressman on monday for this.
Let me know what happens with ur case.
Thanks

In the same boat

yep I have the same problem I had my interview 10/30/06 and still haven't hear anything back other than I'm stuck in name check..now I'm divorce I was married for 4 years all in good faith and she turned lesbian last year and left me for a another girl so I really don't expect anything back form INS other then sorry dude you need to leave the country..so my advice to you guys is that you need to move fast and get this going cause you never know what's going to happen in the future. I didn't apply the first 2 years of marriage cause I didn't have the money, we were going trough some hard times work wise, and let me tell you that was my worst mistake.

Dallas USCIS

I have used the congessional request office but they are all useless as they never get to speak with a case worker. I call the customer service 800 number every 6 months and put a new udate request on it. Last week I was told that USCIS recieved a new mandate for all I-485 stuck in the "name check" black hole. I was told by the customer service rep that all filings more than 1 year out of processing times must be released by the FBI back to USCIS and must be completed by November 2008. He was serious and I hope it wasn't another empty promise. So if you are overdue call the USCIS customer service number 1-800-375-5283. Go through all the prompts until you get to a real person. After they check your numbers be sure to tell them you are overdue because of the FBI name check.