Dallas Pending Oath ceremony

casawi

Registered Users (C)
Well, I thought that I would post my situation and see if it can help anyone or maybe help me.

Here is my timeline for Dallas, Texas

File Date : December 2, 2002
Money order cashed: December 8, 2002
Receipt date: December 17, 2002
Finger Print date: January 27, 2003.
Interview: August 12, 2003.

I took and passed my history and english test that day and was later handed a letter saying that my case could not yet be approved pending name check. It asked to not submit an inquiry for 6 months.

Called FBI name check in Washington on November 2003. Left a brief message with my A#, they called me back in February 2004 (3 months later) saying that my name check was approved on October 23, 2003.

After 6 months ( February 11 2004) sent a letter to the officer that interviewed me: no response. Sent another letter (March 8, 2004) this time with a copy of the paper she gave me saying that I had passed my test and also the paper she gave me saying they couldnt make a decicion yet on my case, highlighting the 6 month clause.

Yesterday I called the Customer Service on a whim . I reached a lady who informed me that I could do an official inquiry (since my 6 months was up) through them by answering a few questions and get a response in 30 days. She asked for my A# and *SSC number ( found on the top of my original receipt) and also asked for name and address and day time phone number.

I am hoping that this journey is almost over, I was curious if anyone else is going through the same situation as myself. Thanks

Casawi

Oath delays --

I had almost the simillar sitiuation..
I had my interview in January of 2004...
I don`t know when my Name check will be done...
My lawyer advised me to wait at least one year....

Thanks

Philadelphian

Hi there, Just wanted to update you on what happened after I called the 1 800 number, I received a ltter today

Re: Status Inquiry. The status of your claim : Address verified. Case will be scheduled for ceremony in next 3 to 6 months.

I guess now you have to call the INS and tell them that your address is STILL the same. <sarcasm inserted here>

If it takes 6 months it will be exactly 2 years from the file date for my case.

Update!!

Hi there just wanted to give everyone an update.
Receipt: December 17, 2002
FP: January 27, 2003
Interview: August 12, 2003
Oath:????

My file went to FBI for name check and was approved on October 23rd 2003

TODAY March 29th 2004 went to Dallas INS office to inquire about my case, they said the INS approved your case on January 25th 2004 and was sent to the "oath scheduling" section. He assured me the file was in "the right place" wherever that is. (Somewhere in outerspace) He informed me that many files get misplaced. Isnt that a surprise?

Also there was an article yesterday in the newspaper, the Head person at the Dallas INS office has been changed she vowes to have the processes in Dallas revamped and take 6 months from start to finish for everyone (Citizenship) by 2005. YEAH by that time it will be 3 years for my case!

Casawi