Dallas Local BCIS N400 processing time

anil2003

Registered Users (C)
Dallas local BCIS N400 processing time

Has anyone from Dallas received their interview/oath letters recently. Could you please post your timelines.

I heard things have slowed down in Dallas service center.

Thanks
Anil

ok, let me answer to myself:

My timeline at TSC:

N400 mailed: Aug 29th 2003
PD: Sep 05 , 2003
Fingerprints: Oct 25 , 2003
Interview date: Apr 26, 04.

Online status disappeared on 2/18. Interview letter received on 02/21. Interview at Dallas service center. I have changed address after filing, but within same service center. Called 800 number and mailed AR-11. Received a confirmation letter within 2-3 weeks. Received interview letter at new address.

Hi Anil2003 -

From what I have read so far on this forum...it is taking between 8 and 9 months from applying to completing the interview process. You seem to be within the timeframes for the recent cases processed by the Dallas office.

I have an PD date of Sep 2003 (third week), finger printing done mid Nov 2003, and waiting for the interview date from Dallas office.

As far as oath ceremonies, I have heard from my friends that they have completed oath the same date or the same week of the interview. But again. this may also depend on your application security checks...

:D

I received the letter to appear for the interview today (March 20) for mid May 2004......

Following is my timeline:
PD: Sep 2003
FP: Nov 2003
ID: May 2004
:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Friends
I had a successful interview today at the Dallas office.

my interview was scheduled for 11:10 am. the interviews were running way behind schedule. I was called in at 12:30 PM and was the officers last interview for the day.

at the interview the officer asked for my DL,SS card and green card.

he did not ask about my past addresses,employers etc.did not ask about speeding tickets etc.

the INS asked me to being selective service documents but the officer waived these at the interview

the officer breezed through the questions-communist?,terrorist?drug/alcohol issues etc..

he asked if i'd been arrested or been in jail.

i was given the std recommendation for naturalization document
the officer gave me a std response that i should receive my oath ceremony schedule in the next 90 days

it appears that the INS is changing or is in the process of changing oath ceremonies in the DFW area.replacing multiple smaller ceremonies with fewer larger ceremonies.
since i live in collin county my ceremony might be in sherman!

many thanks to everyone whos posted on the forum!!

RD:July/03
FP:Sept/03
Interview: 3/04

Received my interview letter

I just received my interview letter on March 21st for interview date of May 14th

Here is my timeline

Priority Date : 19 Sep 2003
Fingerprinting date : 02 Nov 2003
Interview date: 14 May 2004

Thanks

What are selective service documents ?

In the interview letter I received, it states that I need to bring 'Selective Service Documents'

Does anyone know what documents are these?

Thanks

If you were more than 26 yrs old at the time of your greencard approval you don't have to register with SSA. (selective services).

if you want, you can request a letter from SSA (but not necessary)

Re: What are selective service documents ?

Originally posted by azby9999us
In the interview letter I received, it states that I need to bring 'Selective Service Documents'

Does anyone know what documents are these?

Thanks

You can refer to sss.gov site to get more information on a status letter.

Oath letter status?

Just curious on what is the status of Oath letters in Dallas area?

Anyone who recently had their interviews, received their Oath letter.

Thanks

I had my interview on April 26th and I'm waiting for my oath letter. I live in Collin county. Everyone that lived in Dallas County and interviewed the same day as mine (April 26th) were handed out oath letters on the day of the interview. But their oath is scheduled for July 1st at Dallas Convention Center.

People who lived in Collin county were just given the Congratulations letter and were told that we will be notified by mail. But the Officer said they might be a cermony at the end of May or early June in Collin County, probably at Sherman.

Hi Anil2003 - Can you share your interview experience.....I live in Collin county as well, and have an interview coming up on May 17.

Thanks.

fitness99:

Both my wife and me were scheduled for interview on April 26th at 12:45 pm. We arrived at the INS location at 11:55 and the security guy wouldn't let us in before 30 minutes of the scheduled time. So we went to McDonalds that was round the corner. We went back at 12:15 and this time we were let in. We went thru the security and were told to drop the interview letter in the slot and were asked to be seated. There are 2 seating facilities inside the building. one for citizenship interviews and and another one for other appointments/walk-ins. There were about 6-7 other people that were waiting for the interview. I was called in at around 12:45 pm and for me the whole thing was done in 5 minutes. The Officer took me into his office and once I went in he asked me to show my passport, DL and Greencard. After that he verified my name and phone number and asked me if I live in Collin county. Then he immediately started asking me the history questions. He asked about 6 or 7 questions which I answered all correctly. They were from the 100 questions. After that he breezed thru my application and randomly asked a few questions from the application (the YES/NO type questions in the end). He asked me where I work and what I did for them. He asked me if I filed my taxes. He asked to write a sentence on a piece of paper. He read the sentence which was "I drive to work everyday".Then he made me sign the photographs and handed me a letter saying Congratulations you passed interview and are recommended for approval........ The Officer I had didn't smile but at the same time was professional. I wasn't asked to show anything, like SSA letter, tax returns, proof of residence, marriage and birth certificates even though I had all with me.

My wife wasn't called in till about 1:15 pm. It was a different officer and he was more easy going than mine. He apologized for being late and told that they were short of 3 officers that day. He said like each officer interviews about 12 people each day. He took more time for her but kind of followed the same procedure as mine. Both our applications were straightforward with no traffic violations or any other addendums. We had 2/3 trips within the last 5 years but each was less than 4 weeks. We applied about 2.5 months before our 5 year completion.

Man this collin county/Dallas county thing stinks.

i had my interview on 3/11/04 and am still waiting for the oath letter.i live in collin county

i heard they had a oath ceremony for about 1500 people in fort worth on 4/21/04

Like most people on the forum Im waiting to process I485 for my wife.

hopefully i get some news soon.

Thanks Anil2003. BTW...the INS Dallas office has the following information on the USCIS website...
http://uscis.gov/graphics/fieldoffices/dallas/aboutus.htm

Citizenship Ceremonies:
The Dallas District has been given the authority by the courts to hold Administrative Ceremonies. This office conducts two to four ceremonies on Saturdays, and if the applicant is disabled, will hold an Administrative Ceremony in the applicant's home. We also conduct Judicial Ceremonies in Amarillo, Dallas, Fort Worth, Lubbock, Sherman, Tyler, and Wichita Falls.

I wonder if they have cut back on the administrative services...

Originally posted by DFW_BR

Like most people on the forum Im waiting to process I485 for my wife.

hopefully i get some news soon.

DFW_BR - You can probably participate in the I485 pilot program if your wife is in the US with you....they are advertising to complete the process within 90 days....

hopefully good news comes out of the pilot program :)

BTW check the events calendar at the dallas convention center
they have a schedule for naturalization ceremonies for the rest of the year

it looks like there is a ceremony every 2.5 mos

processing times for apr are out

Latest processing times are out
N-400 processing time for Dallas is august 15.

ive been waiting 2 months already for the oath letter.

i think a bunch of us who've had their interview will have oaths at the july 4 ceremony(ies)

does anyone have any info about the ceremonies in sherman(frequency or size)

cheers

DFW_BR said:
Latest processing times are out
N-400 processing time for Dallas is august 15.

ive been waiting 2 months already for the oath letter.

i think a bunch of us who've had their interview will have oaths at the july 4 ceremony(ies)

does anyone have any info about the ceremonies in sherman(frequency or size)

cheers

Howdy Folks - Texas - Collin county residents...there is an oath cremony scheduled on July 23rd 2004 at the plano convention center. You ask how I know this....I had my interview earlier today and the officer told me they are scheduling oath on July 23rd. I haven't gotten the oath letter yet with me (although he did print it in front of me), cause they are waiting on a file from my previous state (where I filed I-140 long time ago). Best Regards.

Completed Interview on May 14th

My wife and I had the interview on May 14th. My wife was called in first and she passed all the tests and also got the oath letter at the same time. Her oath is scheduled for 23rd July in Plano Center. We live in Collin County

My interview was on one hour behind schedule and with a different officer and I passed all the tests too. However, the officer told me that she cannot give me an official 'Congratulations' letter or the OATH letter, as she is "new to the role" and her supervisor needs to review her work and approve my case. The supervisor was off that day and she said that they will send me a notification via mail, which means I never know when will it come. This was the most disappointing experience for me. What I dont understand is that if the supervisor is on leave, why cant they have someone as an acting supervisor to review and complete the work. I felt I was the most unluckiest person and was feeling miserable the whole weekend :(

Just thought I will share my experiences with other folks on the forum.