Cut on index finger - Finger print tomorrow???

kannav32

Registered Users (C)
First of all, this question probably popped up many times earlier, but, I could not find more than a couple for references for it, so unfortunately am having to post again. Please bear with me.

I have my finger print date for tomorrow. I am not sure how, where and when I got a cut, but I see a small cut (pretty superficial, but noticeable) on the index finger of my right hand.

1. Now, should I just take a chance and go give finger prints? Or is it better to reschedule on the phone?

2. Do they check for cuts before taking finger prints? And, if they do, are small minor cuts okay?

3. If they reschedule, usually how long does one have to wait?

Thanks for your responses!

try to get the FP done. If it is a problem you can reschedule it

kannav32 said:
First of all, this question probably popped up many times earlier, but, I could not find more than a couple for references for it, so unfortunately am having to post again. Please bear with me.

I have my finger print date for tomorrow. I am not sure how, where and when I got a cut, but I see a small cut (pretty superficial, but noticeable) on the index finger of my right hand.

1. Now, should I just take a chance and go give finger prints? Or is it better to reschedule on the phone?

2. Do they check for cuts before taking finger prints? And, if they do, are small minor cuts okay?

3. If they reschedule, usually how long does one have to wait?

Thanks for your responses!

try to get the FP done. If it is a problem you can reschedule it if they say they cannot take the FP because of the cut on your finger.

We also had same experience, me and my wife went for FP on 09/17/04, my FP went well and got mails after one week that processing has resumed after receiving FP from FBI. But my wife had few minor cuts (due to household work) and they first said you can reschedule it for a later date but finally accepted her prints that day itself, after couple of weeks my wife got a letter to get FP done again on 10/14/04, it was done and accepted the same day but neither website is updated nor did we got mail. waiting anxiously to know what happened this time. One thing in the bargain my wife won that was I was doing dishes for couple of weeks, so that she doesn't gets cuts this time.

kdanishi said:
One thing in the bargain my wife won that was I was doing dishes for couple of weeks, so that she doesn't gets cuts this time.

I will sugguest purchase rubber/vinyl gloves from a store for doing dishes. I have seen many Indian women having this problem with finger prints. So better buy these gloves. These can be found in the section where you hace cleaning supplies like mops and stuff, and are pretty cheap. Otherwise you will keep having this problem. Also, try the dishwasher now and then :)!

Finger prints done

Thanks everyone for your input!

I did go for finger prints today as scheduled and they did not send me back. The guy giving out the number told me that as long as the cut is not bleeding it is fine.

The person who took the prints also checked it and said it was okay. Once they scanned the prints, the supervisor came in to check if they looked okay. :) So, I am hoping that they will pass and my status will get updated fine online. Will keep you guys posted. Once again, thanks for your responses!!!