• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

cut-off dates questions

raksi

Hello,

I was just wondering how the state department decides the cut-off dates. Asia always seems to be the slow mover, why?

in 99 and 2000 it was only in august that it was current for everybody.

in 01 and 2002 it was september

and worse of all in 2003 it did not even become current for everybody after 214XX

If we look at the other continents they move rather fast.
For DV-2004, for october the cut-off date is 5000 for asia. That is substancially higher than the previous October cut-off dates. Does this mean they will move Asia a lot faster for 2004.

Also, whay is that there are certain countries which win big. For example, in asia it's always been Bangaladesh. And for 2 years now Nepal seems to be winning big. ~2500 in dv-2003 and ~4500 in DV-2004. What's the logic behind it? If you look at the numbers for Nepal in the 90's, it's always been no more than a couple of hundreds. Doesn't look like it's random at all?

What do you think?

cut off date for 2004 dv winners

How did you know the cutoff date for asia is 5000 for the month of october for 2004 dv winners.Kindly let me know where i can find this information.

DV 2004 Winners

C. ADVANCE NOTIFICATION OF THE DIVERSITY (DV) IMMIGRANT CATEGORY RANK CUT-OFFS WHICH WILL APPLY IN JUNE

For October, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2003 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:

All DV Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed Separately

Region

AFRICA: AF 9,300 except: Ethiopia AF 6,000
ASIA: AS 5,000
EUROPE: EU 8,000
NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS): 2
OCEANIA: OC 100
SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN: SA 300

http://immigration.com/newsletter/2003-09.html