Current Employment letter

CPlusPlusPlus

Registered Users (C)
I planned to submit my Canada immigration application. To get a confirmation letter from my current US employer, I told them this is for a loan application. ( I don't particularly want my employer to know.) So now I will submit this letter with my application, do you guys know whether Canadian Immigration officer will actually call my employer to verify? What are the chances?

Employment Letter

Unfortunately, they would call your employer to confirm your claim of employment. Presentation of the letter is not sufficient evidence. If you are lucky, however, they may just accept the letter without any further investigations. This, however, is highly unlikely. You may want to come clean with your employers otherwise they might be surprised by a call from the Canadaian Consulate.

Good Luck.

Man_of_Maple (MM).

Man_of_Maple said:
Unfortunately, they would call your employer to confirm your claim of employment. Presentation of the letter is not sufficient evidence. If you are lucky, however, they may just accept the letter without any further investigations. This, however, is highly unlikely. You may want to come clean with your employers otherwise they might be surprised by a call from the Canadaian Consulate.

Good Luck.

Man_of_Maple (MM).

Hmmmm,

guys, I would not want my employer to know about my application fo PR Canada. I am in my 6th year on H1 - naturally - I would like to play safe and apply for Canada as a backup.
So, does the copy of H1 approval for current employer and all pay stubs can veryfy employment in itself ....??