Curious questions

syedaus

Registered Users (C)
1) does anyone know what documents (other than your N-400 applications) IO (interview officer) have with him durining Interview (Citizenship interview)?

2) I did my MS in 1991 and went back. I came back to USA in 1997 on H visa and got green card in 2001. Now I am planning to apply for citizenship but I dont have any old papers (I-20 etc, entry, exit dates). Does anyone know if USCIS/interview officer could ask for those papers?

Thanks

You don't need to show I-20 or H1. You do need to list all of your travel dates on the N-400. There is a thread on the top of this broad (sticky thread) listed out all possible documents that you may want to bring them to interview.

You only need to talk about travel after your GC. I haven't heard of anyone being asked for any immigration documents other than a GC.

Assume that the file they have in front of them has everything you have ever done in your life, then tell the absolute truth. With those two rules, everything should go ok.

1) does anyone know what documents (other than your N-400 applications) IO (interview officer) have with him durining Interview (Citizenship interview)?

The IO usually has your entire immigration file (aka "A-file"), containing everything from your student visa on forward.

2) I did my MS in 1991 and went back. I came back to USA in 1997 on H visa and got green card in 2001. Now I am planning to apply for citizenship but I dont have any old papers (I-20 etc, entry, exit dates). Does anyone know if USCIS/interview officer could ask for those papers?

No, you won't be asked to produce those papers, just stuff to back up any questionable areas of your N-400 application. (e.g. residency, selective service registration, employment-based GC etc, etc).