Cuncurrent filing vs. Filing individually

indomitable_77

Registered Users (C)
HI ALL,

My Labor got approved (EB2) early last year and I'm ready to file I140. The recent (June Bulletin) dates show that there is a chance of dates moving forward and i hope it touches my PD at some point in the coming months. So, i'm just wondering if it is good to get the I140 done or wait and see till the dates match my PD and do a concurrent filing at that time. Please share your knowledge on this. thanks

HI ALL,

My Labor got approved (EB2) early last year and I'm ready to file I140. The recent (June Bulletin) dates show that there is a chance of dates moving forward and i hope it touches my PD at some point in the coming months. So, i'm just wondering if it is good to get the I140 done or wait and see till the dates match my PD and do a concurrent filing at that time. Please share your knowledge on this. thanks

My understanding is - it is possible to file the I-485 before I-140 approval as long as concurrent processing is in effect.

Hi, I am in a situation where I can file both 140 and 485 concurrent on June 1st. But my question is that I am going to change to my apartment within the same apartment complex (moving to a bigger place). Can I have 140 with same address as I am filing premium and 485 with the new address. Because, I can't move to the new place until July 15th. But I can't use my existing address after July 15th should I get some letter from 485 processing.
So, can I file concurrent (with 2 different address)? will that be a problem? Or can I file 140 premium by 29th of May and file 485 by 1st of June seperately?
Please advice?
Thanks

My understanding is - it is possible to file the I-485 before I-140 approval as long as concurrent processing is in effect.

Check with a lawyer. I believe the above statement is INCORRECT. I-485 should not be filed until you are ready to file I-140. I do not believe it can be done in advance. And even then, your priority date must be BEFORE the priority date in the visa bulletin.

Also, you cannot file your I-485 prior the 1st day of the month of the bulletin month in which it became current. Generally, it's a good idea to file that same month, just in case the following bulletin retrogresses your category.

gettingmygc,
Hi isn't talking about filing I-485 without I-140, he said to file I-485 before I-140 approval (while still pending) which is perfectly ok as long as PD is current.

gettingmygc,
Hi isn't talking about filing I-485 without I-140, he said to file I-485 before I-140 approval (while still pending) which is perfectly ok as long as PD is current.

My bad! Quite right. I misunderstood. I believe that kind of staggered filing is called "Semi-Concurrent" and is allowed.