Cuban husband and asylum

Muniella

Hello, could you please kindly explain me if my husband is from Cuba and we married in Russia can i go with him to the USA to ask the asylum? Or the use give asylum only for cuban nation?

Asylum is for nationals of any country who are physically present in the US (including if they arrive in the US), but they need to be fearing persecution. If someone is granted asylum, their spouse can get derivative asylee status.

Cuban nationals can get a green card via the Cuban Adjustment Act after 1 year in the US if they enter legally (i.e. are admitted or paroled), and this does not require that they fear persecution. Their spouses can get a green card under the same conditions (enter legally and stay for 1 year) if you reside with your husband.

Asylum is for nationals of any country who are physically present in the US (including if they arrive in the US), but they need to be fearing persecution. If someone is granted asylum, their spouse can get derivative asylee status.

Cuban nationals can get a green card via the Cuban Adjustment Act after 1 year in the US if they enter legally (i.e. are admitted or paroled), and this does not require that they fear persecution. Their spouses can get a green card under the same conditions (enter legally and stay for 1 year) if you reside with your husband.
Thank you for the answer) for crossing the border i have to show our russian certificate that we are married and translated in English?

Visa only for Mexico. I ask you the question that im just cuban wife but originally im not cuban.
So do you guys have visas to enter the US? Or are you going to ask for asylum at the land port of entry? You can request asylum at the border, but not a green card through the Cuban Adjustment Act, since the Cuban Adjustment Act requires an admission or parole. And as for asylum, you would need to show that you fear persecution in your home country; being Cuban isn't enough for asylum.

So do you guys have visas to enter the US? Or are you going to ask for asylum at the land port of entry? You can request asylum at the border, but not a green card through the Cuban Adjustment Act, since the Cuban Adjustment Act requires an admission or parole. And as for asylum, you would need to show that you fear persecution in your home country; being Cuban isn't enough for asylum.
He is going to ask asylum and wait green card one year