CSC Update 11/29/03

qwerty123

Registered Users (C)
California Service Center (CSC) Updates (11-29-2003)

I-485 Processing backlog

By mid November 2003, CSC is expected to complete processing the religious worker program cases that had been reviewed prior to September 30, 2003. Currently, ten people are adjudicating adjustment of status cases, however the division has requested that 30 people be assigned to these adjudications.

CSC announced that its goal is to reduce the I-485 backlog to 6 months processing time by November 2004; H-1B change of status processing to 60 days; other I-129s to 120 days; H-1B extension of stay to 150 days, and L-1 to 30 days.

I-140/I-485 Portability filings

CSC announced that the following portability approach in handling concurrent I-140/I-485 cases would be used. Two conditions must be met in order to port these cases:

1. I-485 must have been pending for 180 days or more; and

2. I-140 must be approved.

For example, if the I-140 is approved on the 30th day after concurrent filing, then one has to wait 150 days in order to port (because I-485 has already been pending for 30 days before the I-140 was approved). If the I-140 is approved on the 181 day after concurrent filing, then one can port immediately (because the I-485 had been pending for more than 180 days).

www.lewslaw.com/US_Immigration_Updates.htm#12032003e

More BS from INS! I am only going to believe it the day I see my approval in the post within the next 6-12 months. It has been over 14 months for my AOS, so technically I should be out by June next year.

Instead I prefer to put more pressure and make sure of my approval. If you haven't done so already, please consider joining us in our fight for speedier approvals. All you need to do is send out a couple of faxes, to your congressman to join our voices in calling for faster processing of 485's. This campaign is already producing results, that are tangible and recorded in some of the other threads on this forum. Please help in helping yourself out of this misery. Support the FAX CAMPAIGN. (The link is available at the bottom of this post in my signature). What do you have to lose?

Too good to be true!!

I don't believe a word of it!!

Come Nov. 2004, we will all be here chatting.....like old pals!!:p :eek:

Re: California Service Center (CSC) Updates (11-29-2003)

(originally posted at Project Ocean supporting thread)

If the CSC would achieve the goal, the processing date of I-485 at the CSC as of 11/30/2004 would be 5/31/2004.
Everyone here should get approved within a year !!
The current processing date (as of 11/20/2003) is 12/16/2001.
The CSC must process 29.5 months of I-485 cases for 12 months (= 52 weeks).
The rate should be 29.5 * 3000 / 52 = 1,702 cases per week.
According to Project Kashmir, the current rate is 350 per month = 80 per week.

We should see Don Neufeld's written commitment and the specific plan to achieve the goal, otherwise we can not believe it.
-kashmir
Originally posted by kashmir
Lew's Law - Immigration Updates
California Service Center (CSC) Updates (11-29-2003)
I-485 Processing backlog

CSC announced that its goal is to reduce the I-485 backlog to 6 months processing time by November 2004
; ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Kashmir,

Makes much more of an impact when you break down the numbers like that.

Remember to take a printout of the above calculations at our next meeting with any congressman/aide. The next time someone says Don Neufield is aware of the problem and is going to tackle it within 1 year, then we must break the news to them and ask for his plan! :)

This is same old story of raising hopes, just like the wonderful men of October. I would instead ask everyone to join all the ongoing projects and sign all the petitions in this forum.