CSC is working from 7AM-7PM from today.

It was in todays newspaper

San Jose Mercury News. It says that CSC will be answering phone from 7 to 7. It is, however, not clear whether they will be working on cases from 7 to 7.

I spoke to one IIO @4.24PM..she said from today new timings.I was surprised

she said I came @ 7am today and 3 more hrs to go..she looks tired..its a good sign

I think it\'s just their Customer Service Center

\'cause of accidental paper shredding done by their contractor. I don\'t think they work 12 hrs a day....

Just a thought...

Even if it was just "CSC Customer Service" (IIOs) and that too due to that "Paper shredding mess..", still it may be a good news to some people who are trying to contact IIO! Now they could try connecting to IIO from 7:00am to 7:00pm. On the negetive side, now may be too many people will be calling to make sure that their documents are not shredded and it is again much more tough to get connected!

- PCee

PS: Here are some parts of that news article ( http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-051202shred.story )...

...The agency has suspended all shredding at its Laguna Niguel service center and is expanding telephone-inquiry services to field calls from people from California and three other Western states who fear that applications for
b political asylum and other paperwork
may have been destroyed...

...Because of the ongoing investigation, the INS says it will be prepared to handle additional telephone inquiries starting Monday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. at its Laguna Niguel offices, (949) 831-8427.
b Petitioners who have not received a receipt from the INS for applications sent to the service center within the last 30 days
can call and check.

No Title

What is "Paper Shredding mess"? Is this a latest achievement at CSC? Please throw some light, i am not aware of this mess. Want to join the worried club.

Can some one provide some details on "paper shredding mess.."?

I might have missed the postings in that regard.

Thanks in advance,
mbm

No Title

Today I called CSC and talked to IIO (started at 7:55am dialed app. 20 times to get the line and had to wait ONLY couple of seconds to get connected to IIO)! Finished the call by app. 8:10am

I was told that my case is adjucation ready (as of 01/17, as per AVM "processing resumed on 01/17" any way) and waiting in the shelf to be pickedup by an officer and nothing else new.

The wait continues...
PCee

PCee, is the paper shredding only affect those political asylum cases,

so we don\'t have to worry (coz we are not in that catagory?)