CSC I140/485 delay utill end of Sep

yf99

Registered Users (C)
Just read this. How about VSC?

”CSC Update on I-360 & I-485 Adjudication; delays on I-140s

Cite as "Posted on AILA InfoNet at Doc. No. 03080715 (Aug. 7, 2003) ."

On July 18, 2003 the Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services announced the sunset deadline and expeditious handling requirements for Special Immigrant Religious Worker Petitions.

In keeping with this memorandum, the California Service Center will be temporarily directing resources away from the I-140 petitions to adjudicate all pending I-360, I-485 Adjustment cases with previously approved I-360 petitions and I-824 applications.

Until the date of the sunset passes, September 30, 2003, there will be delays in responding to inquiries for forms I-140, concurrently filed I-140/I-485's and for I-485 cases with previously approved I-140's, because we will be prioritizing the application types associated with the sunset. We ask that, during this sunset period, you withhold inquiries for other division I form types, except in emergency situations, and that you do not submit duplicate inquiries. Following the sunset date, we will resume normal adjudication and inquiry processing. Thank you for your cooperation and patience. “

Let's pray this won't happen to VSC. NSC and CSC all found excuse to have a long vacation. How many religious workers
can there be each center.

They delay our case one reason after another, always quoting doing sth else. Why can't they expedite 485 cases over 20 months! That's outrageous. We should continue sign petitions
to show our protest if VSC declares the same thing.

It's so difficult to keep a job in this economy. Delays can cause you a denial in the end if you happen to lose your job.

Those cases are in every service center. We are totally sc***d for couple of months again :eek:

unfortunately ...

this will happen to all centers. According to the I-360 guidelines, all religious worker applications will be processed at service centers not at local BCIS offices. However, there should not be a huge number of these type of applications unless all muslims can also apply.

Delaying other categories for 2 months because of this? Absolutely an unacceptable excuse! Resume normal ajudication after the sunset? Do they consider the current process "normal"? Let's pray they don't return to the current "normal" process which will take forever!

Originally posted by dengdeng
Let's pray this won't happen to VSC. NSC and CSC all found excuse to have a long vacation. How many religious workers
can there be each center.