Crossing the border from san diego to tijuana

desimaverick

Registered Users (C)
Crossing the border from san diego to tijuana (I-94 Question)...plz reply

Hi, one basic question.

When you leave the country by airplane you drop of your old I-94 before you board the plane.

Is it the same case with going to Tijuana from San Diego by road? Do you need to submit your old I-94 at the border?

Thanks in advance for the replies.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess it depends on how you are crossing over (road/walk). I went using the foot bridge and there is no one either on the US side or on the Mexico side that asks for any kind of documentation. My I-94 was taken out by the consular officer. From what I remember about seeing vehicle driving into Mexico, even there no one asks anything.

So the answer is no.

PS: This was true as of early May 2007

Thanks Praveen. I just came back from Tijuana. When coming back the US officials at the port of entry .....the officer gave me a new I-94. He detached the I-94 from my I797 checked some details and gave that one also back to me.

I will post the complete details in a week time when i get back to my place.

Thanks Praveen. I just came back from Tijuana. When coming back the US officials at the port of entry .....the officer gave me a new I-94. He detached the I-94 from my I797 checked some details and gave that one also back to me.

I will post the complete details in a week time when i get back to my place.

Can you please let me know , if you needed MexicanVisa/Entry Permit to travel to mexico (US Consulate officer may need that to verify that you are in mexico legally) ?