Criminal record and n400

Arteart1

Hello I have one conviction 7 years ago
2 arrest no conviction
I applied and received greencard. I want to adjust to usc. Will I have a problem

Hello I have one conviction 7 years ago
2 arrest no conviction
I applied and received greencard. I want to adjust to usc. Will I have a problem
What was the conviction for?
What was the 2 arrest for? Time line of each arrest is also helpfull

Last edited:
Convicted 2nd degree assault ( 2011)

Arrest thief ( 2015 case noile prosecute)
Disorderly conduct (2011 noile prosecute, )
2nd degree assault (2017 noile prosecute)

Convicted 2nd degree assault ( 2011)

Arrest thief ( 2015 case noile prosecute)
Disorderly conduct (2011 noile prosecute, )
2nd degree assault (2017 noile prosecute)
With a conviction 8 years ago
2 other arrest with one being a year old I would hold off on filing for citizenship

People seem to think that USCIS only cares about the last 5 years. But I can tell you that's a myth, they go back as far as they feel like once you have a criminal history. Once you have 1 arrest in the last 5 years they go back to. Previous years, in your case 8 year old conviction.

Stay clear of the law for another 5 years then apply. Applying now will bring you all types of grief.

FYI I had arrest from 10 years ago with no conviction. I jumped through all kinds of hoops when I applied for n400. Like I said I had no convictions but you do!!

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

I've researched for couple of weeks now. I was in the same boat when I applied for green card and received it

I've researched for couple of weeks now. I was in the same boat when I applied for green card and received it
You weren't in the same boat with a GC renewal.
That I can assure you. People get to renew GC with drug convictions... Then as soon as they apply for n400 and go to that interview its a different story.

You already submitted your app. I don't know if it makes a differnce but you should definitely see an immigration attorney.

10 years.. .my greencard 2000
OK good. You should still consult with an immigration attorney at some point before your interview to see if you're open up to any risks..

You will need dispositions for each arrest at time of interview. Originals
GL

Yes my friend...I have them all. Like you said I'll talk with a lawyer soon.
Maybe I'll withdraw my application