CP Success Nov-30 Chennai

krk2001

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,

I had a successfull CP on Nov-30. I am so releived...

Considering the fact that I had combined marriage with CP and
also had the case of a company spin off and a merger, I should say
that the interview was eventless. It was so cool that it took me a
while to reaalize that I had got my GC.

I would like to mention one aspect of the interview. Because
of company spinoff and mergers, I had taken an employment
verification letter from the current company but had indicated the
chain of events that had happened to the previous company.

The Indian consulate officer asked for evidence of company
merger/name change. I produced the press releases that had the
company merger. The officer accepted it and asked me to pay the Visa
Issuance fee.

So my suggestion is please be prepared with a few additional
documents in the case of a company spin off or merger.

POE was not a problem at all. POE was JFK, New York. Had the
Finger prints and Passport stamped and was out in 45 minutes.

I am so relieved after months of stress.

I have no words to thank this group and Mr. Khanna\'s
immigrationportal.com. Without the group and the portal, it is hard
to think of getting a GC.

Good luck to all you guys...

Congrats KRK

Since you combined CP with marriage, could you give some details on that, if you don;t mind.
a) Did you get married before or after the interview ?
b) How did you submit your spouse\'s papers ?
c) When was/is your spouses interview ?
d) How did you do I134 ? What about DS230 and OF169 for you ? Did you submit an amended one ?

Thanks

No Title

I got married 45 days before the interview. I had sent my P3 before the marriage and had indicated my would-be wife as Fiancee.

After the marriage, I immediately sent my wife\'s copies of passport, mine, marriage certificate, interview appointment letter and I140 approval. I also requested same date interview for my wife.

A week later, I got another visa appointment letter with my wife\'s name included for the same date.

I just took an unsigned I134 to the interview. As long as you sign it in front of the consulate officer it is good enough. Not notarization is required.

I resubmitted my ammended P3 and P4 and submitted my wife\'s P3 and P4 at the time of the interview.

That\'s it...

Congrats & your emp ver letter format

First of all congrats for your marriage and the gc.
The company I work for underwent a name change and merger with 2 sister companies in the corporation. Can you please send me a copy of your employment verification letter format via email or fax?
Thanks.

email: aim_cp@hotmail.com
fax: 419-793-8151

Congrats. How do you do it?

Congratulations. I am sure you would have had a very tough time in achieving all these. I am sure you must have talked to Consulate people many times. How do you talk to them? Every time I try this lady who comes on the phone is very rude. How do you able to talk to her and get things done?

KRK2001 – Can you plz respond? Thanks much!

Just a few days back my company changed name and merged with two other sister companies, all within the same corporation. I am expecting a CP interview at Chennai next month or so. I don\'t know the employee verification letter format to be used in this scenario. It should be the same as yours, I hope. Can you plz send the format you used to email: aim_cp@hotmail.com or fax: 419-793-8151

Thanks KRK. One more question if you don;t mind

If we don\'t have as much time, would things be faster if we went to the consulate and gave the documents say a week before ? Do they accept this or do we have to mail it in ?