CP Steps after I-140

kovaiGC

Registered Users (C)
Cp Gurus,

My I-140 was approved yesterday, I have opted for CP. Please advice the next step in CP process or point me to the related threads.

Thanks in Advance..

Hi kovaiGC,

You might want to read the threads in the Consular Processing section to get an idea. You can just go to cptracker.com and see all the steps at one go.

Here is what will happen (sequence of events)

1) Once your I 140 is approved, the case goes to the NVC

2) NVC creates a case and assigns you a # based on what consulate you have chosen (MDR.... or BMB.... for Madras, Mumbai etc)

3)NVC then sends a fee request to your lawyers (I assume they are your agents), asking them to pay $335/ person on the application. The lawyer sends back the fees to the St.Louis facility and the St.Louis facility informs the NVC

4)The NVC, then sends the P3 (biographic information form) to the lawyers

5) The lawyers send back the P3 (filled and signed) back to the NVC

6)NVC receives it, reviews it and forwards it to the consulate

7)The consulate then assigns you a date of interview, you attend the interview and come back to the US!!!

There are many special situations and cases I've left out here. This is just a starting point. I am sure you can take it from here. Any specific qns, please post and there are many people who can help you here.

Anytime, you can all the NVC's avm - 603-334-0700 to get the case status. Until step 2) ie until NVC creates a case, you have to use your I -140 receipt # (INS case#). For every step, you can get typical time taken from cptracker

Dilbert

kovaiGC said:
Cp Gurus,

My I-140 was approved yesterday, I have opted for CP. Please advice the next step in CP process or point me to the related threads.

Thanks in Advance..

more questions

While we are at it, why dont i ask a few questions as well.

I am waiting for P4 from Delhi Consulate. My questions are

1. Should I try to contact consulate and find out interview date? Or let it take its own course? (contact ph no./email?)

2. Since I wouldnt probably know about interview till late, should I hold tickets speculatively? Is it easy to get tickets just 2-4 weeks in advance?

3. What are all the things I should keep a tap on? Interview date is one, airplane ticket is another, what else?

User55

i think, to get better visibility for your post, you should move to some thread like likely delhi interview in sept or something as opposed to here..
just my 2c

Dilbert
user55 said:
While we are at it, why dont i ask a few questions as well.

I am waiting for P4 from Delhi Consulate. My questions are

1. Should I try to contact consulate and find out interview date? Or let it take its own course? (contact ph no./email?)

2. Since I wouldnt probably know about interview till late, should I hold tickets speculatively? Is it easy to get tickets just 2-4 weeks in advance?

3. What are all the things I should keep a tap on? Interview date is one, airplane ticket is another, what else?

User55

Hi Guys,

I have updated my info in CPTracker.com.

One question for CP Gurus regarding tax returns?
Going thro' the forum I believe we need to submit 3 years tax returns, my question :I received Performance Incentives for the past two years which is reflected in my tax return as annual earnings more than what is mentioned in the Labour. Will this pose any problem during interview?

I would really appreciate your replies.

Thanks in advance..

kovaiGC said:
Hi Guys,

I have updated my info in CPTracker.com.

One question for CP Gurus regarding tax returns?
Going thro' the forum I believe we need to submit 3 years tax returns, my question :I received Performance Incentives for the past two years which is reflected in my tax return as annual earnings more than what is mentioned in the Labour. Will this pose any problem during interview?

I would really appreciate your replies.

Thanks in advance..

It does not matter if your earned income is more than the figure shown in
LC. Given the time line for LC approvals it is very common that the candidates
draw more salary than shown on LC. In your case you would be carrying
the employment letter that shows your current salary rather than the LC
salary.

Raju

Thanks Raju for your reply. But this year due to cost cut at clients end my salary is less than 10% of what is mentioned in LC.

If I present 3 yrs tax returns First 2 yrs will be > LC Salary
Last yr will be < LC Salary

My worry is will this be an issue during the interview.

What do you think?

Thanks...

kovaiGC said:
Thanks Raju for your reply. But this year due to cost cut at clients end my salary is less than 10% of what is mentioned in LC.

If I present 3 yrs tax returns First 2 yrs will be > LC Salary
Last yr will be < LC Salary

My worry is will this be an issue during the interview.

What do you think?

Thanks...

This will not be a problem at the interview. However the employment letter
given by your employer must mention the salary figure quoted in the LC.

Raju

That gives me a great Relief. Thanks once again Raju.

I really appreciate the work you and others continue doing in this forum even after your interviews.

Thanks....

Raju595 said:
In your case you would be carrying
the employment letter that shows your current salary rather than the LC
salary.

Raju
Or (as in my case), the letter will say that I'll be paid at least (equal to) what is mentioned in the LC.

hi alren,
do you have idea about my situatioon?

My 140 was approved on 06/30, but it has't reached the NVC as of today. I tried to call NVC twice last week but have the same result. I am kind of worry, will NSC got lost my documents? Does anyone know the NVC fax #? I am planning to fax them my I-140 receipt.

ericyu318 said:
hi alren,
do you have idea about my situatioon?

My 140 was approved on 06/30, but it has't reached the NVC as of today. I tried to call NVC twice last week but have the same result. I am kind of worry, will NSC got lost my documents? Does anyone know the NVC fax #? I am planning to fax them my I-140 receipt.
My only advice to you is to have patience. In most likely cases, it will reach the NVC. If it's < 1 mo. nothing to worry. 6-8 weeks might also be OK.