CP rejection

asharma

Registered Users (C)
Hi CP Gurus,
Im at the stage where I need to decide whether to go for AOS or CP. I have heard from sources that if my process gets rejected while in India, I would not be able to fly back to US on my current H1. Is this true? If yes then dont all the ppl who file for CP face the risk of losing their property, car and cash kept in US?
Are there a lot if CP rejection cases?
I would highly appreciate any comments since I need to tell my HR dept of my choice bet AOS and CP. Im leaned towars CP but just wary about the rejection. Thanks.

A Sharma

Chances of rejection are very small unless the person is out of status or too many complications or with health problems such as TB, AIDS etc.,. As long as you have all the required documents you should be fine.

Originally posted by Vibgyor
Chances of rejection are very small unless the person is out of status or too many complications or with health problems such as TB, AIDS etc.,. As long as you have all the required documents you should be fine.

It's also worth noting that any circumstance that will lead to a rejection by CP will also lead to a rejection for AOS.

Brian

If ur case is for NWD then

they cancel ur current H1B ...if u have a ext. approved or a receipt of the ext at the time of the interview, they will take it from u before the inteview ....

Also, for employment based there is almost no rejections if all the papers are in order and not fraudulent .....

Out of status is also not a issue with CP its more of an issue with AOS ....

Thanks to all your replies. Im actually at the stage where the lawyer has asked my choice for CP or AOS. Hence I had all these doubts. But it looks like CP is ok till the time the case is clear. I have to let the lawyer know about my choice and I guess I ll go in for CP. If there are any more suggestions I would luv to have them. Thanks.

A Sharma

Last Weeks INS/DOJ announced i-140 and 485 concurrent filing. Why don't you check it out ( AOS). You shall get your EAD card within 2 or 3 months.

Hi aravind
I heard about the concurrent filing. But I think still CP will be a faster process. Please correct me if Im wrong.

Originally posted by asharma
Hi aravind
I heard about the concurrent filing. But I think still CP will be a faster process. Please correct me if Im wrong.

I agree. CP will still be faster. And exact guidelines for concurrent filing have not yet come out. Who knows what they might be...